Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Welcome!

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
paintitblack

Re: Welcome!

Postby paintitblack » Thu May 18, 2017 7:02 pm

Well, hello there. I would like to introduce myself.

My husband has had mental health problems for a lot of years (although he would dismiss that). It came to a head in 2015 when he actually left me and said he wished he'd never married me etc.

I just want someone I can let off steam to as his depression really empties me of life.

I have no really close friends and I don't want to burden my other friends with my constant moaning about him.

01cash20

Postby 01cash20 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:56 am

Hello, everybody! This is Shuaiba from Bedfordshire. I will love joining the discussions here.

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi Shuaiba, welcome to the forum - do start a thread on one of the sections and tell us a bit about yourself. It is a very supportive forum.
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

emma1

guidence

Postby emma1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:12 pm

my partner has something wrong and i can get a doctor for him i am worried and he needds in patient help asap

simplysusan

Postby simplysusan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello, I'm new to the forum & desperately need some support regarding my son. He is in his mid-forties, has been diagnosed with depression & anxiety, left his partner & has been on sick leave for more than 6 months. Recently he began to behave abusively [verbal] to his brother & myself, saying terrible things without any basis in fact. His behaviour concerned me so much I reported it to my G.P. who sent him for a mental health assessment. Now, he has blocked me from his phone, won't speak to me & I am incredibly worried & scared. He is smoking cannabis which I think is contributing to his paranoia. Anyone else out there with similar issues?

hevva

Postby hevva » Mon May 04, 2020 12:55 pm

Hello i am new here. My partner has PTSD and at the moment i am really struggling with everything. He isnt supportive, kind, caring in fact emotionless. i know this is a huge symptom of PTSD but after 11 years together its now really getting to me. I am really lonely and hopefully have come here for some help and support.

hopefully

Postby hopefully » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:12 pm

simplysusan wrote:Hello, I'm new to the forum & desperately need some support regarding my son. He is in his mid-forties, has been diagnosed with depression & anxiety, left his partner & has been on sick leave for more than 6 months. Recently he began to behave abusively [verbal] to his brother & myself, saying terrible things without any basis in fact. His behaviour concerned me so much I reported it to my G.P. who sent him for a mental health assessment. Now, he has blocked me from his phone, won't speak to me & I am incredibly worried & scared. He is smoking cannabis which I think is contributing to his paranoia. Anyone else out there with similar issues?

Hi there.
I see that your post was from August last year, but I feel that I may have similar circumstances to yourself.
My son is somewhat younger than yours; is single, lives on his own, undiagnosed, finds it difficult to hold a job down, verbally abusive, smokes cannabis, and can't maintain relationships with almost anybody.
I do not feel that an approach from me to a GP would help, as I think that this would prove to alienate him from me.
Looking to share thoughts and ideas with anyone else in similar circumstances.

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”