Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

You don't have to go through this alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
kiwi

Re: You don't have to go through this alone.

Postby kiwi » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:50 am

Felling alone today. Desperately want to be better and back to myself and to stop letting everyone around me down by messing up, but just don't see how to do it. Early days on drugs and waiting for cbt. I just want to be better yesterday!

sinbad113

Postby sinbad113 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi All,

This forum was recommended to me that this would be a good room to form some new friendships, as I don't have any in the real world.

I have not read the above posts yet, but I hope to read peoples posts, as and when they happen on the first page.
I tend to binge drink on average once a week, that is my low point, when I get paid. I want to stop drinking even that one day a week. So if your around on a Wednesday say hi. I will reply.

I just can't think of any of any other way of introducing myself.
Hope this way is ok?

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:25 pm

hi and welcome: this is a forum for people with mental health problems. some of us make friends here, but the main purpose is finding and giving support for people who are struggling with issues like depression, bipolar, schizophrenia etc. The best place to find support is in the Mutual Support room but there are descriptions of the other rooms and what they are for on the Board Index. You can also find FAQ near the top of the page on the right. once again welcome, hugs, Judith xxx

sinbad113

Postby sinbad113 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:36 am

Hi All,

I to hope to become a regular in this room, and I agree with others, that if you don't act on problems, they can lead to major problems.

Trutome nice to hear from you.

With this forum you may not need to be alone as with other forums.

Hope to make some friends here?
:)

whisper

Postby whisper » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 pm

unfortunately, some of us do!!!
life is a lemon....and i want my money back..!!!

Glenda

Postby Glenda » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:36 am

Whisper - hope you feel you have friends, all be they virtual, on here...

christie

Postby christie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:30 am

Yes public services are rubbish, I've been told I'm fine also but you are not alone. Keep talking on here, it helps to have a vent

mc09

Postby mc09 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello, first time posting, have realised I have struggled through life to this point in a reactive rather than proactive way. This is one step to correct my approach and hopefully communicate with others on the same path. I had a difficult childhood which has affected me in numerous ways, anger,fear, anxiety and low moods. Through reading others accounts I have discovered I am not the only one!

cd

Postby cd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Public services are poor for mental health suffers. In addition, I've found many of the websites of charities and organizations to be completely useless. There's a paucity of active forums for suffers to engage and receive/offer mutual support, and inadequate actual support groups; in my area there are none at all. This all leads one to feel really quite alienated which, ultimately, compounds the suffering. Depression is a nasty illness.

Bug

Postby Bug » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:42 pm

nothumannow wrote:I AM alone with severe depression, agoraphobia complex ptsd.

My GPs have referred me 6 times over the last year to CMHT. Each time i've been refused any support/treatment (I'm not delusional or psychotic and they tell me I'm not suffering from mental illness).

I am totally utterly completely alone. No one cares - no, not really. I cannot cope any longer. I am going to end my life this weekend.

But I want it noted that my state is ENTIRELY due to the failure of public services: NHS, police, social services etc. They are all totally responsible.

Please dont kill yourself!! I too am getting basically no help....I dont know how long you have been waiting, but I've been waiting since last summer for someone to help me out. I was prescribed anti-depressents, but only took them for a month because I wanted to learn how to deal with, and hopefully heal myself without drugs. It really cheesed me off when I was talking about a relationship I had, and said I didnt trust the person and the therapist talking to me, gave me this smiley nod like ,'no, no, he did nothing wrong to you.' Like she thought my reactions were nothing-- something like that. Something about it really angered me. She refered me to a group...but even still, they havent got back to me. They said they may have a place this month, but havent said anything since. Im really irritated because I want strategies about how to feel better, go onto the next thing, but all I get are phone numbers and websites....that arent really helpful, one main reason being that I normally have little credit on my phone, and can only access internet when at college. Im tired of telling people Im upset, and struggling, and them not understanding, or just going through my feelings. 'I feel this way' them: 'yup' Me: 'what do I do. What can I try.' Them: 'we're not here to tell you that.' So yes, I understand the frustration. Grrr. I too, am very alone. Very, very, very alone, and have suicidal thoughts.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”