Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

legs

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
craziememe

Re: legs

Postby craziememe » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:00 am

hi sarah,
glad things are looking up hun.............
OUCH! would not have my legs waxed for a million pounds........... lol, this coming from a person who self harms day in day out!
lots of love xx
Craziememe

InElysium

Postby InElysium » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:46 am

Does waxing work for beards and taches if I cant be a***d getting a shave? Just thinking ahead before I look like robinson crusoe!
:ugeek: Sorry, but none of the smilies have beards and taches other than this one.

ribenasuperstar

Postby ribenasuperstar » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:28 pm

yeah i know what you mean sarah, i always feel better after a bit of tlc. i bought a really nice facemask in boots, an aromotherapy one and it really did make me feel better.

actually, i used to use leg waxing as an alternative to self-harm! i had one of them epilating things that pluck out the leg hair, and when i felt like cutting, i'd just use that instead. it kills! it really helped me to stop cutting plus i had nice smooth legs into the bargain.

so yeah, there's a tip for ya!

InElysium

Postby InElysium » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi Sarah, youre sounding like the joys of spring after that! By the way, if you hear a scream, that'll be me trying to invent an anti-crusoe kit! ;) x

ribenasuperstar

Postby ribenasuperstar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:01 pm

the epilator did work pretty well sarah, bit of a patchier result than waxing, and more painful, but there are now quite big bits of my legs where hair never grows. i found it didn't make my skin get as irritated, cos i have really sensitive skin and wax made that flair up sometimes...

as for the face waxing...laydeez definetly can, i used to do my mum's! (sweet sweet revenge) i think maybe men's hair follicles are too thick or something. so, uh, don't do it inelisyum!

gotta go, i've gone on a manic cleaning spree today. been up since 6! hoovering, bathroom, recycling, trying to get all my ex's rubbish that's been lying around the house for years into order... (i mean it is his house, but STILL!)

InElysium

Postby InElysium » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:33 pm

Hmm, looks like a majority no to that plan then. Oh well, think I will attempt a shave today before I look like a jack russell!

Return to “Mutual Support Group”