Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How to fix your skateboard trucks

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
christellehahn

How to fix your skateboard trucks

Postby christellehahn » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 am

Because of all those frequent jumps and extended skating practice with friends, your skateboard is certain to show signs of not appropriate working as before after a few months. Even if you opted for the skateboard with an expensive price, the skateboard you're skating on can not be guaranteed to be with you for a long time.

When your skateboard trucks show any sign of run-down condition, there are some ways you can refer to. First of all, you can bring the board right to skateboarding stores to use their service. It is a convenient and quick solution.

If you want to fix the problems related to your skateboard trucks by yourself at home, this post from SkateAdvisors is for you. We would like to offer you steps to repair your top skateboard trucks.

Guidance on fixing skateboard trucks

In general, you should maintain skateboard trucks once a month. But if you frequently skate on your skateboard, it is suggested to do a maintenance procedure more frequently. The starting step is removing the kingpin nut. Then you take a look at the washers, bushings, and truck hanger to see whether there are any abnormal signs.

Looking at the details, if you hear squeaky sounds from your skateboard trucks, the solution to fix this problem is adding some soap onto the trucks. By doing that, the weird sounds will be eliminated.

Then, you check the skateboard deck in order to be sure that there is no unexpected damage on them, such as: delaminated, twisted, chipped, and scratched. If you want your skateboard deck more pliable, pour an amount of lukewarm water into a can and soak the deck into it. After that, you bring it to a surface to lay it down and wait until it dries naturally.

If the skateboard deck is a heavy one, the time for it to be extremely dry is pretty long, about 24 hours.

Next, you keep an eye on other skateboard components, such as skateboard bearings. To maintain the skateboard bearings, you need to clean it frequently, especially right after when you skate on mud. If your skateboard bearings face up with the problem related to technique, first of all you need to invest in good quality skateboard tools and equipment.

What you need to do first when coming to maintain the skateboard bearings is remove the skateboard wheels and skateboard bearings. Most of the cases are solved just by adding lubricant onto the components which belong to the skateboard trucks.

Adding the special lubricant, these components will be softer and more flexible. The finish step is to put all of them into its own place. In brief, the more you care about your skateboard, the more durable your skateboard becomes.

Skateboard trucks you should try once

In this post, there are some top skateboard trucks that are popular to the community of skateboarders.

Venture Superlite Low Skateboard Trucks

Venture Superlite Low is the first name we would like to mention first in this part. If you prefer a skateboard with light weight and the ability to bring you the feeling of stableness, Venture Superlite Low is what you are looking for. This skateboard truck is the best for the novice.
Independent Stage 11 Skateboard Trucks

Independent Stage 11 Skateboard Trucks have a tendency of receiving positive feedback from customers. Therefore, if you need to know more detailedly about the skateboard trucks as well as to be sure about their quality, let’s take a look. Based on the good rating of this product, Independent Stage 11 Skateboard Trucks is worth your buy.

Looking at the details, this skateboard truck is made for street skating. Therefore, it can be handled with all your grind when skating. You can opt for these skateboard trucks if you are practicing techniques due to the steel axle skateboard trucks.

Sector 9 Gullwing Skateboard Trucks

Similarly to Independent Stage 11 Skateboard Trucks, Sector 9 Gullwing skateboard trucks gain much positive feedback on Amazon, one of the biggest electronic commerce companies in the world. The product has 4.6 ratings in total. Sector 9 Gullwing skateboard trucks have various lively colors, such as orange or blue. In addition, skateboard trucks allow the operator to maneuver further than standard trucks.

Havoc Skateboard Trucks

Havoc skateboard trucks are made of aluminum alloy and are both robust and light. The skateboard trucks come in a range of colors, allowing skaters to customize their boards to match the unique taste of skateboarders. Havoc trucks are appropriate for both beginners and expert skaters.

Tensor 94 Mag-Light Skateboard Trucks

Tensor 94 Mag-Light skateboard trucks have 4.4 ratings in total. The skateboard truck is built of Magnesium, it is both lightweight and sturdy. In general the Tensor 94 Mag-Light skateboard trucks are the top product with great lightweight on the market right now.

SkateAdvisors is one of my favourite skateboarding websites since there are abundant posts related to skateboarding.

Follow SkateAdvisors on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/skateadvisors/
Last edited by christellehahn on Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

epitaph

Re: A tough time at the moment

Postby epitaph » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:01 pm

Welcome to the forum.

In the UK we are now into our 3rd lockdown and the people l meet seem to suggest that the 1st was the hardest, even though the weather was great it just went on and on ... in some ways l hope we learned how better to cope with the following lockdowns.

Suggestions for surival anyone ?
Mine would be daily long walks, stay healthy and as much socially distanced human interaction as one can possibly get ;)

lol76

Postby lol76 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:46 am

Hi...I think setting simple goals has helped me...like try and achieve a few things in the week like walking, tidying a cupboard, crafting, cooking a nice tea etc... Ive also 'tried' to allow myself to have lazy times if Ive needed them. Finally, connecting as much as possible, even just checking in on here helping me to see its not just me struggling. Whatsapp group chats with friends and meeting a friend for an outside walk. My advice is do what helps you get through safely x

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:55 pm

Agree, there is no right or wrong just what seems to work for each of us with hopefully the addition of new ideas and thinks to try...

jonic

Postby jonic » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:39 am

As well as daily walks I find putting on my headphones, playing some really loud music and dancing around my living room seems to do the trick!

Go to songs for mood booster?

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:11 am

Agree, everyone should have access to great music via bluetooth headphones so useful to occupy and entertain ones mind. There is such great thought provoking music available for every mood and so much to enjoy ...

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:31 am

Lockdown is causing all kinds of problems, surprise, surprise, especially mental health problems ;) If you have arrived here of course you know that already.

The following is taken from the book “Staying Alive” by Dr Phil Hammond.
The acronym CLANGERS pretty much has it all.
To stay well (or get better) without putting pressure on ourselves we should try and complete our CLANGERS each day or as much as we feel able to do... which some days might not be that much!

Connect... with the people around you, family, friends, community
Learn... Try something new, sign up for that course, fix something
(be) Active... Put your passion into activity, go for a walk or run
Notice... Be curious and fill up your senses, remark on the unusual
Give Back... Do something nice for a friend or stranger, smile
Eat Well... Connect with local food producers, learn to cook
Relax... To sleep well, housekeep your brain. Rest and reflect on your day
Sleep... Essential for physical and mental health

Take care...

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Welcome! Let me know if you need any help getting around the forum :)
RSxo <3

Return to “Mutual Support Group”