Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Anxiety & Depression

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
pixeleye

Anxiety & Depression

Postby pixeleye » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:26 am

Hello,

My depression & anxiety retuned about five years ago after having had It previously. I have been struggling since. I have been having counselling for the last two years which has helped. I am very anxious in social situations and because of this I don’t really have any friends. My anxiety has stopped me from doing things that I want to do in life which in turn makes me depressed. I’ve not been going out much over the last few months because of coronavirus which just seems to have made things worse. I felt like I needed to step out of my comfort zone which is why I am posting this on here.

janus

Re: Anxiety & Depression

Postby janus » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Hi

And well done for posting on here. I think you will find that a lot of others here feel a similar way to yourself and have struggled with the pandemic and how it has changed life as we know it.

At least you have taken a first step.

Welcome
My Depressing Depression Blog :roll:

www.MADD365.com

c.j.

Postby c.j. » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:29 pm

What causes anxiety in social situations exactly?

pixeleye

Postby pixeleye » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:40 pm

c.j. wrote:What causes anxiety in social situations exactly?
Just being able to hold a conversion really and worrying about others thinking that I am weird. Also when I'm in public I always feel like people are watching me or think that I am strange. I also worry that I might embarrass myself by saying something or tripping over, for example.

c.j.

Postby c.j. » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Maybe try walking a few meters out your home and then a few extra next time to get you out and about?

pixeleye

Postby pixeleye » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:25 am

c.j. wrote:Maybe try walking a few meters out your home and then a few extra next time to get you out and about?
I try to get out once a week but doesn't feel like its enough. I would like to build up my courage to go out more though and I think step my step is going to be the best way to do that.

c.j.

Postby c.j. » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:36 am

Do you get to anywhere nice? All I seem to go lately is ASDA! (apart from the school walk which reminds me how unfit I am every time).

pixeleye

Postby pixeleye » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:23 pm

c.j. wrote:Do you get to anywhere nice? All I seem to go lately is ASDA! (apart from the school walk which reminds me how unfit I am every time).
I don't live in a build up area so its quite scenic where I live, so there are quite a few places to go for a walk without seeing many people, I am lucky in that regard but it also means its difficult to meet many people. As I'm to nervous to go into town at the moment.

mazza77

Postby mazza77 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:14 pm

I am totally with you and understand how you feel. I have PTSD, depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. Isolation does make things worse and I know how hard that is.

pixeleye

Postby pixeleye » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:16 pm

mazza77 wrote:I am totally with you and understand how you feel. I have PTSD, depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. Isolation does make things worse and I know how hard that is.
It does and its even harder at the moment with coronavirus.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”