Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Anxiety and shaking

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
supernova11

Anxiety and shaking

Postby supernova11 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am

Morning forum!

I’ve been suffering from anxiety since the end of 2016 and am still on the road to managing it better and thought maybe some people on this forum might help with their experiences.

I’m high functioning and have a full time job, supportive friends and engaging hobbies and interests. But I am still sick of dealing with the high levels of anxiety I encounter that would make most people a little uncomfortable at most.

Unfortunately I can pinpoint when my anxiety started but not why. I am taking quetiapine and cannot quit this drug otherwise I end up off work sick as the anxiety symptoms become too great.

The worst part of the anxiety is the shaking. I will start feeling anxious and start shaking even when having very low confrontational discussions with people. I have been at work and started shaking and been accused of being angry with people when I was simply so anxious about discussing their work with them, and not angry at all.

I wondered who else is/has been dealing with anxiety with these shaking symptoms and what they have done about it. I also feel sick and have breathing issues but the shaking seems to be the most visible and difficult thing to control

albertinageller

Re: Anxiety and shaking

Postby albertinageller » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:39 am

Stay calm and don't fight with your symptoms as this will only make your anxiety to stay longer. You should try deep breathing and focus on contracting and releasing your muscle. This will help to relax your body as well as your mind. Start doing yoga and other mindfulness exercises this will help you with shaking as well as it will reduce your anxiety symptoms.

liz.crossley1

Re: Anxiety and shaking

Postby liz.crossley1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:52 am

Hi there,

I suffer with a very similar thing. I find it extremely hard to have meetings/discussions with people in work as I am scared I will have one of my panic attacks. Mine are very visible, and I start shaking but also retching and dry heaving and find it extremely hard to control. Most of the time the only thing I am actually anxious about it having the panic attack and someone seeing and thinking I am really strange and weird.

It is getting me really down and depressed and I am concerned this is now my life and it will dictate my whole life forever.

I don't know how to control this, and am sick of feeling like this. Not only is it mentally exhausted but physically also.

I have joined this forum today and really want to talk to other people about this, and am looking forward to hearing people's experiences/comments etc.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”