Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Am I losing my mind?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
isola701

Am I losing my mind?

Postby isola701 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:11 pm

So I do feel that I am slowly losing my mind and my ability to function properly. I think years of depression and anxiety have maybe zapped a few hundred brain cells and I am struggling with the basics and things are making me worry about everything and anything, its effecting my job that i really need to concentrate on too.

walterchang1

Re: Am I losing my mind?

Postby walterchang1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:17 am

I reckon you'd better go to an professional psychiatrist to ask for help. I think people here are a group of social workers and patients..

anri

Postby anri » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:36 am

I have definitely felt the impact of mental disorders on the brain and my ability to function. It is best not to wait for too long and to look for ways to help yourself, through therapy, for example. Physically I would strongly recommend to take some vitamin D and Omega 3 because they are supposed to help with moods. They helped me immensely. Of course this does not replace medication but it is a little something you can do to help your body through it.
The longer you are in that state the longer the road back is, so even if financially therapy seems like a big burden, I strongly recommend that you make an investment in your future health. If done properly, the money and the resources will be replenished once you are better and it will have been worth it.

c.j.

Postby c.j. » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:19 am

What exactly are you struggling with anri? Have you tried mindfulness? I'd strongly recommend this.

walterchang1

Postby walterchang1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 am

Hi, anri

How do you feel now? Do you cure yet? I have been mntally ill for 24 years. I am on Wenlafaxine and Amisulpride now. With the medications, I can function well and I can do with my daily life and socializing normally.

isola701

Postby isola701 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:32 am

okay so posted this to get it out of my head, i wasn't asking for help as such, just a way of venting my frustration of how i am feeling, maybe its a combination of getting old i don't know, but depression really does muck up the mind. I seem sooooo forgetful from little things to trying to get my head around important stuff at work. I was wondering if people had felt the same way or its just me. I did take antidepressants in 2018 but quickly stopped as they were not good. I have started taking Omega supplements daily (when i remember) i think losing weight and being more healthy would probably help too. Just need some support i think.

isola701

Postby isola701 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:20 pm

and NO replys and no Help!!!

thanks!

heretochat

Postby heretochat » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi Isola I'll reply to your post. I agree about depression affecting memory. When you say maybe it's a combination of getting old - about how old are you? It won't be just you I've heard many times that depression causes people to be forgetful. Take care

bg61

Postby bg61 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi Isola701,
It is one of the things that most gets to me too. Memory is affected by depression and it is a more common as you get older. Memory depends on concentration and it is the concentration that is impaired by the depression. Try not to let it get to you too much.

hay123

Postby hay123 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:56 am

You did a great thing ditching the anti - depressants

Exercise is a King - It does alot to help a person -

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mental-h ... FXvkx4OIbL

I would recommend getting outside and going for a brisk walk or jog around the block to start with and build yourself up steadily, chart your progress/take notes. Stretching and not letting your muscle become tight on you is also key.Could say equally important.

If your gonna start jogging next Monday - start doing the stretches now a week before add in brisk walking then transition to jogging. Something like that.

The weather is always lovely for exercise. Well the cold has to be appreciated. Every season has its benefactors to the experience.

Theres also yoga, home workouts, kettle bell work outs. i would recommend elliot hulse - HE Really understands what I'm trying to say about being the BEST for yourself/best version.Talk to Elliot. Have I? No I'm afraid not.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... stretching

All the best
Trying to be helpful as I can, helps me with my mental health. And I don't realise enough from myself, Is what I understand from myself. :roll:

Return to “Mutual Support Group”