Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

High achiever but very depressed

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
toucan01

High achiever but very depressed

Postby toucan01 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:56 pm

So I’m feeling pretty bad. I’ve really been suffering in lockdown but I feel guilty complaining because I’m actually quite lucky. I’m a high-performing person (grades, etc) but I also put a lot of pressure on myself. I miss my friends. I feel very alone and I’ve basically lost my appetite and my zest for life to a large extent.

I feel very lethargic and can’t get to see my therapist at the moment (in person, and I don’t want to do it virtually, partly because I wouldn’t feel as able to open up).
I love being an academic success and having people be proud of me, but I think it’s all got too much and I’ve kind of collapsed. Any help would be welcome.

albertinageller

Re: High achiever but very depressed

Postby albertinageller » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:42 am

Hello, hope you are doing great. Don't feel stressed right now I am also not able to meet my friends. I am also feeling alone but I know staying at home is better and soon I will get to meet my friends.
So stay safe and happy and it will be better if you will do a virtual therapy you will feel a lot better after that.

toucan01

Postby toucan01 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:49 pm

Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement.

prycejosh1987

Postby prycejosh1987 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:55 pm

toucan01 wrote:So I’m feeling pretty bad. I’ve really been suffering in lockdown but I feel guilty complaining because I’m actually quite lucky. I’m a high-performing person (grades, etc) but I also put a lot of pressure on myself. I miss my friends. I feel very alone and I’ve basically lost my appetite and my zest for life to a large extent.

I feel very lethargic and can’t get to see my therapist at the moment (in person, and I don’t want to do it virtually, partly because I wouldn’t feel as able to open up).
I love being an academic success and having people be proud of me, but I think it’s all got too much and I’ve kind of collapsed. Any help would be welcome.

Just be patient lock down is coming to an end but i think you and i should make the most of it. Its fund communicating and also reflecting on life and thinking about what you and i can learn from what is currently happening.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”