Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Looking for help and advice

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
kay42

Looking for help and advice

Postby kay42 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:38 am

Hello,
My husband has not been himself lately. He seems to be suffering from anxiety which has hit him out of the blue. More recently he has been experiencing “weird” feelings. He feels like he isn’t himself anymore. He says he hears a voice in his head. And when he thinks something the voice tells him it’s wrong. He received an email regarding an outstanding balance on a holiday we had booked. When he rang the company they said there was no outstanding balance and asked for the reference number on the email. When he went to retrieve the email, it wasn’t there! He thinks his brain made it up. This has made him worry immensely. He has been to the doctor and he has been prescribed propanalol and sertraline. The doctor has also referred him to see a psychiatrist. Does anyone have any experience of this kind of thing? I want to understand more so that I can support him as best I can. Thanks in advance

minniemoo

Re: Looking for help and advice

Postby minniemoo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Hi Kay. Is your husband stressed or worried about anything at all at the moment?
Yes I’ve been there, thinking I’m going totally crazy. It’s scary. I don’t feel that bad anymore.
I would definitely recommend reducing and stressors if there are any, therapy would be great, plenty of rest, doing relaxing things..

kay42

Postby kay42 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:54 pm

Thanks Minniemoo for your reply. He isn’t really stressed at the moment. He says his life is the best it’s ever been. A few years ago he had a very stressful job but has since changed and is more relaxed. He goes mountain biking at the wk end which he loves. I think that is why he is struggling to understand why he feels the way he does! I’m not sure how to help him as there doesn’t seem to be a cause for these feelings. I’m hoping the medication the doctor has prescribed will help for now. Thanks again for your reply. I’m pleased to hear you are feeling better.

minniemoo

Postby minniemoo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:15 am

Does he have any history of trauma that could be coming up unexpectedly ?

Have they ruled out any other medical cause that it could be ?

Return to “Mutual Support Group”