Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hi Aisling

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Hi Aisling

Postby deb1960 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:08 am

Aisling. Is that a play on ailing?

What you described sounds like neurosis at it's best. It's the sort of thing I experience. My mind saying 'oh yeah. You thought you'd sussed it did you? Well see how you cope with this! It's not nice at all. I tell myself that this is my mental illness behaving most appropriately. It doesn't make it easy but knowing it's my illness and not a subjective force helps a little.

Take care
Deb x

bluebell123

Re: Hi Aisling

Postby bluebell123 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:00 am

Thank you deb, i am feeling a bit paranoid about it all at the mo, i'm sure more goes wrong for some of us than others though. It just seems to be one thing after another. Carer at my supported housing is taking me to doc this afternoon as she said she is worried about me. Thank you for your post, i will get back to you after gp appoint., later afternoon. A

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi again deb, well just come back from docs, feel my reality has been recognised.

1 One of my big fears is that if i loose my pip and esa i will be evicted because my rent is very high here, without these benefits i would not be exempt from benefits cap and i wout not have enough money to pay my rent, carers keep saying to me is that i won't loose them..The senior carer said to me this morning that i would not loose them, because of my obssessive anxiety about this the carer wanted me to see the doc, the doc backed up my reality that they cannot for sure say i won't loose them but she would put a very good case forward to council that would give me priority need for council housing.

2 I have a rash that i often get and have been using sudocreme on it as i always do. The senior carer said sudo creme would only make the rash worse, the doc again backed up my reality that sudo creme is the right thing to use.

3 The carers made made a mistake, the forgot to pick up my meds on fridayand was left with no antidepressant and only one antipychotic , the doc questioned why i'd only had diazepam on monday, the senior carer kept quiet about the mistake, there was just silence but i explained that they had not picked up my meds.

Doc not particularly bothered about my thoughts of demonic force as i am not hearing commands. Well i feel a victory for those of us with mental illness, just because we are ill, does not mean we don't know what we are talking about. Aisling

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi Aisling

I will answer later as can't manage right now
Deb x

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:04 pm

Thanks so much for considerate reply, x

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri May 31, 2019 3:33 am

Hello Aisling

Just popped in to return the warm support. Sounds like you are doing as well as you can. It's good you have your own thread so that we can catch up with you when we can.

Chris xx

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:59 am

Morning Chris & Deb,

Wish you both well today, got support worker coming today, Aisling

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:31 am

Hi Aisling

How are you today?

Deb x

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi deb,

Firstly, sorry only just relpying, had my meds this morning and went straight back to sleep as felt really low and have palpitations.

Firstly Aisling is not a play on ailing, i's an irish name pronounced Ashling, it means dream or vision.

I am not at all well, petrified of being evicted, i's consuming me all day.

I will not be clear of benefits cap for 9 years til i'm 65, have still got palpitations, when they start that is pretty much the day written off.

I can't see an end to this, had severe depression for best part of 7 years, overdosed twice and got put in carehome, but i'm only 56, if i loose my care, pip and esa (support group) i will no longer be exempt from benefits cap, will be evicted. Have palpitations today because a carer, although very well intentioned tried to drum it in to me that i will not be evicted, she went on and on for 10 minutes, it felt like an onslaught. Thank you so much for your post.

How are you?

Aisling

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi deb,

read your post on isap's thread, sorry you are feeling so unwell too, i don't have any solutions i'm afraid, long ago gave up on trying to fatham out mh illness, but my thoughts are with you.

Aisling

Return to “Mutual Support Group”