Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Feel so alone.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
jes

Feel so alone.

Postby jes » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 pm

I have never felt so alone as i do right now. It's just me and my daughter at home. She has issues and spends most of the time in her room. She has attitude most of the time with me. It's so hurtful. She says she wants to be alone but spends all evening chatting and laughing on the phone. She never says night, or bye and rarely love you.
It makes me feel so worthless and crap. I'm embarrassed and ashamed to have this kind of relationship with her. I have distanced myself from everyone.
I hate my life

breatheinandout

Re: Feel so alone.

Postby breatheinandout » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:48 pm

Jes, i'm so sorry, this sounds horrible. how old is your daughter and what sort of issues does she have? (just wondering if there are teenage hormones and stuff going on - as well as something else?)

Tell us a bit more about you - what do you like doing? How are you doing today? You have the strength inside you to get through this, so would be lovely to hear what else is important to you.

You're not alone,not sure if you've heard of Young Minds, there is a section for parents that might be helpful https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/for-parents/

Sending love and hugs xxx
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

rsxo

Re: Feel so alone.

Postby rsxo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:55 pm

Hey Jess,

It can be really tough being a parent! Sometimes its natural for kids to want to pull away from family and spend time with friends, but if you have concerns then it might worth talking to her about it. If you think she's mature enough to understand how you feel, then it's worth having that discussion so that you can help improve the situation :)

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Mutual Support Group”