Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Guess whos writing a book!!!

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
andthistoomustpass

Re: Guess whos writing a book!!!

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Wouldn't you need to remove a couple of ribs to manage that?

Other than that comment, I really like it so far.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:19 pm

no need to do that. I have someone who blows my trumpet for me :lol:

maisi

Postby maisi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:34 am

"a refreshing and groundbreaking voice from darkness into the light" - Psychology today

" Wry, wincingly honest, a painful funny tale everyone can learn from" - Stephen Fry

" Would you let this man work in your child's school? Geordie invasion" - Daily Mail

Your writing style is perfect, this subject needs the humane voice with the humour that comes naturally to you. Bob is a Cunt cannot be belittled but I did also like the first title, but definitely wouldn't counsel against the Bob one- but what's the subtitle, explaining the title: eg Bob is a Cunt (my odyssey with my evil twin)?

'Bob is a Cunt but then he did let me murder a virtual drug pusher so he's kind of a sick hero'. Not catchy enough for waterstones I guess.

Er. When's chapter 2 being posted?

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Wow even Steven Fry likes it? I’m flattered :lol: although technically it’s a weedgie invasion

Thank you for your kind words. I’m thinking that a subtitle would work but I haven’t thought of one.

How about “taming the black dog”?

I’m thinking I’ll upload a new chapter ever Wednesday

melindaj

Postby melindaj » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:32 pm

You dear Man,Bob the C*** ,
You people have been inspirational to me, thank you and in the words of Dave Alan "May your God go with you.
It is your wise words that help us at the beginning of the ladder feel able to keep climbing.

With great respect M.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:41 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Last edited by sirhugo on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:19 pm

chapter 2 - Tomb Raider

So today began like any other in my mundane existence. I woke up and felt just as tired as I did when I went to sleep. I thought about the day ahead and felt a combination of despair and apathy. Then came the familiar guilt, reminding me that I could have it much worse and that I had a beautiful women in my life who loved me. As usual none of those thoughts made me feel any better. They only made me feel worse. I regularly have a battle in my head about what I feel and what I “should” feel

I didn’t have work on this day. So I thought about all the possible things I could do with my day, and as usual none of them seemed particularly appealing. My girlfriend was as work so she couldn’t distract me from my misery. So I did what I usually do when I can’t think of anything else. I fired up my Xbox. Then I fired up Tomb Raider. A game I have played form start to finish about ten times.

Lizzie was due to finish work at 6, so having had enough of tomb raider for one day, I threw on some clothes and left about 5. I then wandered aimlessly around the wood paths near her work. Not because I had any burning desire to do this. Mainly it was because I felt I should because I’d been doing nothing all day, plus there’s the tiny hope that some fresh air would make me feel better

So I meet Lizzie at work, come home and have dinner, watch TV and then go to bed. Normally I would just lie there for hours, not sleeping, with a bunch of destructive thoughts running through my head before finally falling asleep in the early hours due to sheer exhaustion. However, on this given night something was different

While surfing randomly on my phone trying to tire myself out, I stumbled across an article in my news app about depression. I scanned through without paying much attention until I came across a list of symptoms that this particular person had. When I had finished the list my jaw had dropped and the following thought was going round and round in my head

“This is my life”

I had every single one of these symptoms. I felt an overwhelming urge to tell someone.
Fortunately it wasn’t too late so I went into Lizzies room (we sleep in separate rooms because I snore like a pig) I then utter the words that would change my life forever

“I think I have depression”

I slept liked a baby that night

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Aw

I really really like it, and based on so far, think you should work hard to get it published because it's obviously going to be helpful to lots of people. Keep em coming.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:14 pm

It's good! The honesty and descriptiveness give it a real personal touch. The voice of the writer and sense of that person give it a great flavour.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:02 am

thanks guys :D

any thoughts on a subtitle?

chapter 3 coming soon :!: :!: :!: :!:

Return to “Mutual Support Group”