Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Lost all sense of self

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
capitalt

Lost all sense of self

Postby capitalt » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:10 am

I've lived a bizarre life for a number of years, apparently searching for something, thought I'd found it, how wrong was I.
Now lost all sense of self and struggling big time, feeling lost and don't know what to do.
Totally ruined my life and have constant S thoughts.
Just want peace and don't know what to do.
HELP

rsxo

Re: Lost all sense of self

Postby rsxo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi capitalt,

Sorry to hear how you're feeling. Would it help to talk to a counsellor or therapist about this? They're really helpful for talking out your feelings, and helping you get back onto the right track or mindset! Here to support you through this - would've offered to chat on PM but it's not available on this forumx

Much love <3
RSxo <3

jessrose

Postby jessrose » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:46 pm

Hello,

I hope you feel ok soon, when I am feeling low and can’t always pick up the phone to speak to someone or get out the house to see someone I like to use my SAM app for anxiety and low mood I also try to use calm app which is kind of a mediation which helps when I have self harming thoughts. Try it it may help you..
from Jess x

bottomfeeder

Postby bottomfeeder » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:35 am

Do you find things that were pleasurable or enjoyable before not so enjoyable now? I have anhedonia, that is the inability to feel pleasure in normally pleasurable activities, and for me this happened gradually as I stopped going to the gym. If you had a daily schedule before, try sticking to it. It might help with your feeling of being lost.

capitalt

Postby capitalt » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Things I used to do I had to stop due to illness and no longer appeal.
I spent several years living as a woman, that too ended after my illness, bouncing me dramatically back to male role.
I also have money worries, other things that need doing, plus a death in the family, so I've been trying to cope with so much all at the same time.
Lost my female routine during illness, trying to find one now is very difficult, not working either, haven't for many years, thought I had a bad back, which now seems OK.
So hard to explain, perhaps it was depression I'd not recognised thus didn't act properly.
Feeling totally lost.

aldertree

Postby aldertree » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:48 am

Hi Capitait,

Firstly I wanted to thank you as you posted on the hoarding thread I started. I want to reply to your post on that that I am getting help and finding out my failings that are behind hoarding .

Secondly you sound as though you are going through a very difficult time and I'm glad you could post it here. It's taken me years of knowing about online chat rooms and forums to start posting.

Since being in recovery I have been looking for myself , I'm not really sure if one particular thing helped but I have found a few activities I like which are different than before. I experienced the death of my best friend last year and have found that therapy has helped.

I hope you feel a bit better soon,

A x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”