Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Attachment anxiety?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
anxietea

Attachment anxiety?

Postby anxietea » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:21 pm

Hey! I'm new to this, and realise my struggles are nothing compared to some, but I'm finally admitting I need some form of help.
I think I am suffering from attachment anxiety / relationship anxiety.
I'm happy in the relationship and I feel bad for being so anxious. I am constantly worried that I am not good enough,
Paranoid that he is going to change his mind and convincing myself the relationship will end, when there's no evidence for this at all!! It's a constant feeling of unease and feeling sick.
Last night I had palpitations and did breathing exercises to calm down. I'm not sure how to stop it, but I don't want it to effect my life or relationship. It's getting to the point where I just can't concentrate on anything and I end up sleeping or day dreaming.
Can anyone relate or offer any advice?

vitasw

Re: Attachment anxiety?

Postby vitasw » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi anxietea (that is a great name bwt),

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time, feeling uneasy and sick all the time is awful and it's great you are ready to ask for help!

It's great you have already reached out for help through this forum and tried breathing exercises. If you haven't already I think you should make an appointment with a GP and they can refer you to a counselor or talk about medication. If it's an option for you, maybe you can look into a private counselor - this website shows you registered counselors in your area: https://www.counselling-directory.org.u ... 8kQAvD_BwE

Does your partner understand the situation? Are they supportive?

all the best,

V

Return to “Mutual Support Group”