Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Too much pressure

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
jillian

Too much pressure

Postby jillian » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi,
I'm new here and from reading some of the posts, know that many people feel similar to me in that we are all under too much pressure.

I feel like I want to start screaming, but am scared that if I do, I might never stop. :roll:

I have a couple of children that also suffer from depression and that in itself is just one more pressure. I have a job that I used to love, but that I am finding harder and harder to cope with, but cannot do without the money unless I find a rich toy boy (and even then, don't think I could keep up with him in at least one way) ;)

I have a physical health problem that is not likely to get any better, and may well (is) get (ting) get a lot worse, particularly given the amount of stress we all now have to put up with on a daily basis.

I love my OH but he is just one more pressure in many ways - he often makes things more difficult for our offspring just because he says something he shouldn't either because he's drunk or just puts his gob in gear before he turns on his brain cells.

I have a dog whom I adore, and despite her being a wonderful wee thing, also causes pressure as I can trip over her, fall over when she jumps up me and otherwise wonderful for her, but not always so for me things she can do.

My truly lovely GP has just changed my meds, and for once, they are helping me get enough sleep most nights, but I just don't seem to feel any better for it.

I have been on various depression/anxiety meds for around 28 years now, so know they are no magic wand, but they do help.

The biggest problem I have is that I seem to burst into tears several times a day, for what appears to be no real reason, even when keeping myself as busy as I can.

Other than wearing a loo roll constantly round my neck and carrying doggy do do bags everywhere I go, can anyone think of anything I may be missing here??

Oh yeah... have done talking therapy but find it hard to keep up with because it means 1.taking time off work which is hard to do. 2. means I have to try to talk about what I feel, which I know is difficult for many of us to do, so I'm no different there. 3. Cannot stop crying at the end of the sessions which means my OH has to take me as I am in no fit state to drive back.

AND.... if anyone has a magic wand I could possibly borrow for a short while, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks. Jill :oops:

PS. I know there's no I in team, just not sure what else to replace it with. :mrgreen:

christabel

Re: Too much pressure

Postby christabel » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:48 am

Hi jillian

Welcome to the forum.

No magic wand I'm afraid but defiantly a hug cos I know what it is like to need one.

Can't offer too much more myself at the minute but lovely understanding people on here.

Take care. Chris

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:45 am

Hi jillian

I echo Christabel's words. I understand how you feel. I am in a very bad wayyself othetwize Id write more.

There are great people here so its only a matter of time before you get a helpful response

Take care

Isap x

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi Jill. Do your children live at home? I can imagine their depression adding to your stress. It's not unusual for a family member to come out with unhelpful comments which puts more pressure on you to be the support for the kids. Is there an aunt or gran they could turn to as supporting them will be exhausting you.

Does your employer know of your illness? Is there any support they could give?

I'm sorry I can't suggest any other ideas.

Take care, Deb x

amaya

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Welcome :)

teamn

Postby teamn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:10 am

Welcome, not feeling great myself so sorry can't offer much right now, but wanted to say hi..

Return to “Mutual Support Group”