Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Just a moment of your time

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
sirhugo

Re: Just a moment of your time

Postby sirhugo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:47 am

why do you need this money? is it for a bill of your own or is it your mothers bill? If its the later than why do you need to take responsibility for it? why are you driving yourself crazy?

you need to look at getting some alternative care for your mother cause clearly you are struggling

jazzrose343

Postby jazzrose343 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Thank you so much for your concern.
I apologise for being so vague.

What has happened is I have had difficulty managing the finances in general for a long time and this month I have messed things up enough that I have left us without enough to get through next week.

I do not have the ability to borrow off anyone and the stress and shame if it all is just too much.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:12 am

theres no shame in struggling with money. believe me we've all struggled. at one point i considered going bankrupt i had so much debt.

i would start by writing down what money youve got coming in, then write down all the bills coming in. if you havent got enough to cover them all, pay the most important ones like rent and electric. the rest can wait. dont know if you work, but if you do a few extra hours might come in handy. would be good to get away from your demanding mother for a while too

your going to be ok. hang in there

teamn

Postby teamn » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:19 am

The money advisors should help you with Leah's, forms that you can se d out to creditors who who owe money too.. you can't pay what you don't have (if I've understood correctly)

jazzrose343

Postby jazzrose343 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Than you for your kind messages.
I know roughly how much debt I have.

The main problem is I have £10 left to support myself and my family for a week.

I am going to make contact with the local welfare support services tommorrow and take it from there

amaya

Postby amaya » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:25 pm

I am not sure why 300 pounds in eight days. Bills really can be ignored and sorted out later, same with rent and everything. If you can't pay, don't. Simple and wait for the professional help. If it is food, then you could try a food bank or buy really cheap things like lentils and cook soup. Sometimes debt grows a little when you ignore it like this, but if you are getting help in the near future it can't get that much worse in eight days, can it? Usually the stress you feel is worse than the reality of not paying something.

It sounds to me like the pressure is coming from other people. But you are in a caring role so never mind the past, you have the right to put your foot down and say no if you need to. You are doing your best now, in the present. That is enough whether others acknowledge that or not. There will be a way out of this, but there will be a week or so of misery before you start to see what the answers are. If you hang on in there, a plan can being to take form and one day, if you take it one step at a time, you can make a life for yourself that is not so pressured as it is now. That is worth waiting for.

I am sending you strength with this post :)

teamn

Postby teamn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:22 pm

How's thins going jazzrose

Did u sort anything out, get any help, sisal to family, gp, debt advice.

jazzrose343

Postby jazzrose343 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:57 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your support over the last few days I honestly think you have all helped so much by giving me a healthy outlet.
I managed to sort out something short term and have some things set up for next week going forward.

My sister did step up in the end and with her help we have been able to muddle through.
I still very volatile emotionally but am not thinking in quite the same way I was a week ago.

I so grateful to everyone

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:44 pm

It's always nice to hear good news like that.
I hope things keep improving for you. 8-) *hug*

amaya

Postby amaya » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 am

That is so awesome to hear.

But I guess things are still going to be difficult for a while. It will be great to hear how things are going so please keep us updated when you can :)

Return to “Mutual Support Group”