Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:24 am

Hello Debs

Nobody has the right to lecture someone else on the dangers of a particular drug based on limited experience and no doubt freaked out by press reports. With the exception of AD, all psychiatric drugs have potential for abuse depending on the user, and they all affect different users differently. Such ignorance is inexcusable. It's like saying you drink alcohol therefore you will become an alcoholic.

The world is full of ignorance and even fairly intelligent people cannot distinguish between what is true and what is fabrication.

I've got headache again today, I think it's anxiety based. The nausea was bad yesterday, still don't know where that comes from but as Caro said, probably lingering withdrawal symptoms from the reduction of the huge dose of antipsychotics I was on.

Damn lawyer, I know she has a lot of problems but still.

God bless

Chris xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:40 am

I don't usually read up on drugs I have to take because of the freak out factor. But today I read up on Quetiapine withdrawal symptoms and sure enough, headaches and nausea are the norm. The weird thing is that I still take 50mgs in the evening so haven't withdrawn completely, but compared to 375mg that's a large reduction even when done slowly.

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:06 am

Hello Debs

I took 3 Tramadol today because I was so anxious about not hearing from lawyer. No headache or nausea. Then lawyer replied saying she'd check date on Monday in court. Feel so relieved. I can't help not trusting her because she lies so much.

My trusty brother in law will see his pharmacist to check whether Quetiapine reduction causes nausea.

God bless

Chris xx

caro

Postby caro » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi Chris

Just a quick response to your nausea question. I was taking 200mg instead of 300mg for 5 days ,by mistake. I was so unwell with joint pain, headaches and nausea. Once I realized the error , and increased to the correct dose, my symptoms disappeared.

I'm not going to lie ,it scares me that the withdrawal was so severe, but I know that I am much more stable when on the antipsychotic.

Hope this helps xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:15 am

Hello Caro

Yes it did help. My brother in law went to see his pharmacist yesterday who confirmed that withdrawal from Quetiapine would cause the symptoms you mentioned. I just have to put up with for now. They won't last forever.

Take care

Chris xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:47 am

deb1960 wrote: I think your JW chap has a wee problems

Hello Debs

Yes I enjoyed that comment. I was thinking of asking him to buy me some OTC medicine for nausea but it's a guarantee he'd get the wrong stuff. Plus the fact it wouldn't work anyway.

He is one of the most exasperatingly inept persons I have ever met and that's being kind. But I couldn't live without him.

There is another Japanese JW we'll call JW1 who my wife sends my medication to. He used to do Bible study with me but handed over to his colleague JW2 when he got a daytime job. About an hour ago JW1
sent a mail and said he'd been to the post office and it hadn't arrived. I freaked out, rang my wife, she will send another package today a week earlier than normal. I got back to JW1 and asked him to call the post office to find out why it was late. Another mail came back

"Oh, we asked. They said all packages are delayed right now."

I don't think any further comment is necessary. He knows I suffer from occasional panic attacks.

One reason I worried so much is that it is illegal to send benzos. I am going to try and come off them now.

Chris xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:06 am

Hi Chris

I'm sorry for this late reply. Part of it is my husband going for a colonoscopy on Wednesday which they couldn't do in the end. Without going into details it was our mistake. I think I used the right word. Checking out his colon.

You seem to be going through big changes in your meds. Change is always pretty scary and more so when your supply is precarious.

Meanwhile as well as increasing my preg...I'm hoping to decrease my venlafaxine. I have a psychological dependent on it. But probably I am keeping the depression at bay rather than the tablet. Always a risk though.

Briefly
I have to get rid of my huge fear of suicide. It keeps anxiety alive.

I must get my bus

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:31 am

Hello Debs

Suicide is one of those irrational fears. You don't have to do it.

My main strategy as highlighted in self-help books is to make up a short song mocking suicide and recite it every time you have that thought. You can choose your own tune. Poems and limericks also good. Give it a try

God bless

Chris xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:27 am

Damn, in a bad way right now.

JW2 mailed to ask me which pharmacies sell venlafaxine. Apart from the fact he's bought it for me before, how am I supposed to know? He has an undated prescription just for emergencies like this. I've had to reduce venlafaxine by 37.5 which shouldn't make a huge difference and give me 15 days grace.

I also asked a "good" friend who's a rich banker if he'd help me out by sending me £150 equivalent which is two months meals, water and phone credit. His reply was "it's not the money, but ....this will become a regular thing". Actually I was testing him out and not surprised by his reply. There are other friends and family who wouldn't hesitate to help me in my pitiful position.

Bad migraine today, I'm going to take something for it. The massage and acupressure not working.

There is no reason why my wife's meds from last month and yesterday won't arrive by next Saturday. But in this awful country nothing is certain.

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:07 pm

I've just decided, for my own peace of mind, to assume that I won't be able to get any further supplies of medication and come of venlafaxine and clonazepam while I still have enough stock to do so. I'm okay with Quetiapine right now because I have a large surplus. I know it's probably unnecessarily drastic but if it stops me worrying it's the right thing to do

Return to “Mutual Support Group”