Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:37 am

Hi Chris

Your dose of venlafaxine is low. The maximum dose is 375mg. Many people take 225mg or 300mg. Would they increase it?

My pregabalin has been helping. However in the last 2 days I have felt horrendous. My anxiety has always been tied up with thoughts with manageable physical symptoms. Suddenly i'm feeling panicky and scared I won't manage. Yesterday I didn't know how to cope. Fortunately a lovely guy in the charity shop 'carried' me and I just wandered around. Also i had to go for a meal with my husband as it was our anniversary. I am very glad I did it. I must get through today. Compared to you Chris this is mild but truthfully I feel horrendous.

I have a couple of stresses at the moment. The drop in i attend has been cutting us all back to one day. Now they're throwing us out. I have been told it's my turn soon. I don't know if I'm upset but maybe our mood can react despite this. What do you think?

Also I have to complete a blanket for a weeks time. That has been stressing me. And at the end of the month we have a wedding in Oxford so that's 2 nights away. If in a few weeks if my anxiety is as bad I will ask for more pregabalin.

What worries me is that my anxiety has been getting worse over time.

I'm sorry I've gone on. The fact that this will make sense to you helps me. Also, the fact that you keep going helps me to believe i will.

Thank you for reading this and if you have any thoughts it would help.

God bless
Debs xx

Caro,
Can I just ask how you are affected by your mental health problems. You have probably posted somewhere. It's just that Chris, you and I talk here but I don't feel I know you.
God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri May 03, 2019 10:11 am

Hi Debs

It all makes sense to me.

Regarding the drop -in, whether it is helping you or not, the mere thought of getting "thrown out" would affect me badly. Of course, the expression "thrown out" is of your own making. Maybe just think of it as your turn to leave to make way for someone new.

Since I have known you on this forum which must be about 4 years, your anxiety had gone up and down but not progressively worse. I think having to finish making a blanket with a deadline and two days away at an event you would rather not attend would stress a lot of people out.

I am not feeling great today, but it's all relative.

You'll get through this month fine as you always manage to do.

God bless

Chris xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:59 am

Hi Chris,

I hope today is a better day. Recovery is a wobbly thing and given how bad you've been it's scary. I remember when I was first coming out of my first depression. Every time I dipped I was terrified. My wonderful Dad who was 72 then, rang me every day for a year to reassure me. He's 88 now. Because we have most contact by phone only, I always tell him I'm well. Sometimes my anxiety is so bad I don't know if i can get through the call without getting to the loo in time. I've just rang him for 40 mins successfully. That makes me feel good. I love my Dad to bits.

I think there are a number of things that help us to live with the awful stuff
Insight into what is happening.
Making use of any resources available.
Tenacity.

Probably there are more.

God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:10 am

Hi Chris and Caro

I have just been reading up on the benefits of taking cannabis oil (legal here and free of the psycoactive element) . It is used for endless health problems inc anxiety. The group Depression Alliance speak well of it as do all other sites. However the NHS site are dead against apart from prescription for a tiny group who have certain conditions. It can be taken with other meds.

I am tempted to try it. Depression Alliance is a trustworthy source. The NHS is perhaps beings over cautious. A friend used it recently for pain but only got 7 days of benefit.

All very interesting.

Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun May 05, 2019 4:43 am

Hello Debs

"Wobbly" is an excellent word to describe coming out of depression. This is my fourth time. I find I get hyper and in a hurry to do things as if not to lose the good moment. Then I slump again. The last three days haven't been good, today a Tramadol day so can lie in bed all day doing nothing.

Medicinal marijuana is actually being discussed in this horrid country but I can't imagine the jail ever allowing it inside. It was recommended to my friend with a brain tumour.

I'm not surprised that the NHS are against it. They know people would feign illnesses to get hold of it, or get it and sell it which happens with certain drugs. Japan is also conservative in that way. It has to be made legal first, I don't know the situation in England. I wish I could get some here though. The stuff you smoke here is probably available in jail but if I got caught with it I'd be thrown in a pit with 150 others.

Hope you're feeling better today.

God bless

Chris xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:17 am

Hi Chris

I hope your tramadol day gives you peace. A good name for a book 'Tramadol Days'.my sister in law is now recovering from her depression but having a fair amount of bad dqys. She thinks she's on the wrong drug. That's becwuse thie is her first experience.

Yesterday improved. My daughter came over with the boys and I managef a good face. The evening turned out well

Today I am waiting for a bus along woth the Global Justice flag. My bus to Glasgow has been rerouted and a shuttle bus brought me here. I will be late but there we go.

I have always thought of myself as weak. So have other people. As i stand here with my flag I think that perhaps i "m a bit of a toughie

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon May 06, 2019 6:07 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for the reply. You are a toughie flag or no flag. So are all of us living with this horrid affliction, as we've discussed many times before.

Talking about Tramadol, I scared myself by googling for signs that you might be addicted. I've been doing this once every three days since the middle of December without raising the dose, so I must be ok.
Caro would concur too.

The recent jail guards for our section have been unnecessarily strict and unpleasant. I'm trying to get permission now to go to the clinic to get more Tramadol but the a-hole is making it difficult.

I've had a diarrhoea infection but antibiotics cleared it up. Now I have upper arm pain. Always something to worry about here.

God bless

Chris xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon May 06, 2019 6:07 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for the reply. You are a toughie flag or no flag. So are all of us living with this horrid affliction, as we've discussed many times before.

Talking about Tramadol, I scared myself by googling for signs that you might be addicted. I've been doing this once every three days since the middle of December without raising the dose, so I must be ok.
Caro would concur too.

The recent jail guards for our section have been unnecessarily strict and unpleasant. I'm trying to get permission now to go to the clinic to get more Tramadol but the a-hole is making it difficult.

I've had a diarrhoea infection but antibiotics cleared it up. Now I have upper arm pain. Always something to worry about here.

God bless

Chris xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:33 am

Hi Chris

No way are you addicted to tramadol. As you say you're still on the same dose.

The rally went well. I bumped into a couple of people who know my son (he was hung over on this occasion) . He's highly thought of which makes me feel good. Within Global Justice a new
member has joined who's a lawyer. She works with people who are in debt arrears. She says that probably 7 out of 10 have mental health problems. She recognises just how much MH messes with peoples lives.

I hope you get to the clinic soon to get your tramadol.

God bless

Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue May 07, 2019 1:46 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for your prompt reply. Your reassurance was just what I needed. I worry far to much about everything but that's the nature of the illness.

I didn't know May 1st was a Bank Holiday. I know it is in the continent. That's how long I last lived in the UK.

I got my Tramadol, the idiot guard was distracted by his cellphone so I more or less let myself out. I'm doing Tr0amadol a day early because tomorrow I have JW morning and psychiatrist afternoon and no point taking when unable to just vegetatel all day.

I must admit that I feel a bit of nausea and slight craving for something on the two non Tramadol days but that could be caused by other factors such as coming down from a huge morning dose of quetiapine.

Physical ailments are always present here, not much cab be done in the way of prevention.

Hope your day of Global Action went well, I admire you and all those volunteers. I still think UK is lousy though for people protesting on the streets compared to France and Italy and the police often turn it into a riot.

God bless

Chris xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”