Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:07 pm

Hi Isap

Did I say no medicine would work in your situation? I must have but have no recollection.

Given you only take 3 tramadol a week I'm surprised their effect is waning but I don't know anything about them.

Re the ADs losing their effect I think that usually there's a reason. It does seem though that at times the particular AD needs changing. I've been on venlafaxine for 16 years now. Because of my anxiety I do get afraid that it will wane, though my GP once said that it was probably me that kept myself well, if you know what I mean. The amount of meds I'm on bothers me, as though I'm a really bad case. Anyway! Enough about me.

Do you still log onto ODB. I haven't for a while but will.

Take care and God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:17 am

I was just reading a bit of Ann Franks diary. She was very upbeat, her family too. So we think , what's my problem? But of course she had good mental health. BUt people wonder why we struggle despite good lives. You of course are an exception .

The difference is massive

God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:27 am

Hi Isap

Just to say you're in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:12 am

Hello Debs

Your continued support is as always greatly appreciated.

I saw a psychiatrist last Wednesday and she told me to REDUCE the venlafaxine from 150 to 75. She said it was because I looked calmer after 2 weeks on 75 than now a week on 150. A bit unusual but did as she said, only problem was that yesterday I discovered I was taking Tramadol by mistake for 75 capsules of venlafaxine because packaging the same and my cell space has no light. A mistake just typical of someone who is wrecked.

The Tramadol is still working but not as well as before, I take every three days.

I've pretty much decided to reduce all my medications since they aren't doing anything and am fed up with side effects of leg cramps and dizziness. Will even try and come off the 0.5 mg benzo tablet I take every evening.

I have a hearing on the 24th but lawyer hasn't responded to my mail so don't know what's going on. She really is a horrid money grabbing lying bitch but too late to change lawyers now.

This Friday I believe is Good Friday and the main event in the JW calendar except that it's not called that but Memorial Service.A plate of unleavened bread and glass of wine is passed round the congregation. If you eat, it means you consider yourself worthy of being one of the 144,000 available slots in heaven. The problem they have is not knowing how many slots have already been taken. I will attend because still need their help.

God bless

Isap

caro

Postby caro » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Hello Isap

Just wanted to say how brave you are to try reducing meds. Please do it very slowly. I am sure you know about withdrawals, but still felt that I needed to mention it.

I don't know much about JW, but my faith is very important to me, and i try to embrace other religions too. They are there for you, and that is the most important thing.

My health is not good right now.

I hope the case goes ahead in the 24th,and you get a positive outcome xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi Isap

Who knows, reducing your meds may make you feel better. And if they aren't helping but causing side effects then that's a good thing.

Am I correct in remembering that it's since you had ?dengue you have become worse mentally. That was many, many months ago I think.

I knew that Good Friday is the only big day for the JWs. I presume they are self elected Elect, or are they elected by the group. At best they are crazy. As you say you need them. It surprises me that no other Christian denomination visits prisoners.

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:21 am

Hi Caro

Sorry to hear things could be better. I admire your calmness and patience.

I began reducing the morning dose of quetiapine a month ago, 50 mg a week, am now at 100mg. Still getting leg cramps but not as bad , no dizziness. One important reason to reduce to zero is that my JW is having trouble finding any. The new pharmacy I told him about is closed 10 days for Holy Week. I don't think it has occurred to him to try another pharmacy but we'll see.

Not so easy to come off benzo, easy said than done, so have shelved that idea. Most days only take 0.5 which is a relatively small amount.

Agree with your comments about religion. I believe that Buddhism is the most practical regarding mental illness but I'm in the wrong country for that

Isap xx

Hello Debs

Other Christian denominations visit the jail but the JW are the only ones who will use English, or Japanese in my case. So I'm stuck with them and their crackpot propaganda.
They base their structure on 1AD Christians so no women allowed to become elders. Elders vote for other elders then there's a circuit supervisor. Very authoritarian actually.

Dengue fever was last August but nearly finished me off. Still can't do yoga or meditation since then.

God bless

Isap xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 am

Hello Debs and caro

As grateful as I am to the JW for his invaluable help, today reminded me why I find it difficult like him

Him : "So how's your condition today?"
Me : no reply
Him : "Your face is really thin looks like you've lost weight"
Me : "That's because I'm sick"
Him : "Don't you have any appetite?"
etc.

In a Japanese way it's expressing concern but that's the closest I'll ever get to empathy from him.

They cancelled the Memorial Service on Friday. instead we'll watch a video of other people doing one.

He tried another pharmacy but couldn't find Quetiapine so just as well I'm coming off it. Today I took Tramadol, it took 3 hours to remove the leg cramps when it used to take half that time and work for 2 days. Still, it's important to have one day in three when I don't feel awful.

Hope you are both ok

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:55 am

Hi Isap

When that is the most understanding you're getting it must be just awful. It seems they are like automatons. Does he not want to cry for your pain. At the moment my sister in law is depressed. I am going twice a week. I hate going because it upsets me so much. She loves me to go because I know what to say and I feel her pain.

Your agony is much worse. You wonder how they would react to Jesus on the cross!

I was reading that there's been some success with ketomine think that's the one)n. It can take away the symptoms of depression more or less immediately.and encourage motivation. It could be used as an interim drug. Whilst I have my doubts about it's usage I hope that maybe it will lead to drugs that can be used in this way.

Meanwhile, I hope that drug treatment works for you soon and gives you a wee bit of rest which you so desperately need.

Take care and God Bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:31 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for your lovely post. Although the JW are like automatons they didn't cause my illness or situation.

I have a hearing on Wednesday. I've begged my lawyer to bring me a witness. don't understand what's up with her.

I was browsing another forum for first time in months and read about an atypical AD called Tramozone. That could be my next one. Venlafaxine isn't doing it.

I am feeling pretty desperate right now. I just want something, anything, to give me some hope.

God bless

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”