Hi Isap

Was about to answer but had to talk to my Dad. Will write a bit later
God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:53 am

Hi isap

I think the world is a wicked place (sounds like JW) . Where you are is one of the hotspots for the greed and power. You are a victim of this. I sound so arrogant. You know this far more than me. I think I'm trying to rationalise it.

What I can say is that it makes me very sad. and angry at all you are going through. Also, as I've said before, I think you are a very strong person. I used to think that strength equated with less suffering but I've learned that isn't true. Although self pity can stop you moving forward. Ilearnt that through personal experience.

It's much easier for me, I know. And I think my posts are trite though they show a constancy which I've no doubt is necessary.

My son is a postman. On Saturday he was bitten on the hand by an alsation. Stri tly speaking it was his fault. He opened the lobby to drop a pkt in.

By Tuesday, despite antibiotics his hand was showing signs of infection, so they took him in and put him on an intravenous drip. Hes much better but still in as they're being cautious.

Endless people moan about our health service. I think they're amazing. Put them in another country and they'd be shocked.

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:11 am

Hello Debs

Many thanks as always for your supportive and interesting posts.

Sorry to hear about your son. What kind of people keep Alsatians as pets. I always consider that dogs are a reflection of their owners. Did they have a sign up saying dangerous animal?

The NHS is about the only thing the UK can be proud of. Other countries like France and Denmark have excellent health services but their governments support it instead of trying to sell it off.

In some ways being poor here is easier because you're surrounded by lots of other poor people. Not so in the UK. That's why I emigrated in 1984.

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:52 am

Hi Isap

I've just lost my post which is so annoying.

My son is doing fine now thanks. Just a check up on Monday.

All dogs are a reflection of their owners and whilst Alsations are still kept as guard dogs they actually make great pets. We had one that was scared of cats. You have to treat a dog badly for it to be a biter. These days drug addicts and hard men like to have a trophy dog. It was bull mastiffs now it's staffies.

When my husband was a child everyone was poor together. My parents moved us to a better area but couldn't afford the lifestyle , that can make for difficulties when you're a child, especially as there was always a struggle for money

Would you say the venlafaxine is helping you at all? I was taking 300mg but decreased to 225mg some time ago. I would like to reduce to 150mg if I have a settled spell. It was just yesterday that I realised that although I would probably benefit from an increase of pregabalin I would find it hard to do this until I reduce. I currently take 160mg propanolol, 225mg venlafaxine, 300mg pregabalin and 300mg lamotrogine. Ironically only one of these is a psychiatric drug. Two are anti convulsants and one is used to treat blood pressure. Propanolol is a fairly innocuous drug. If I had epilepsy I could arguably take the two anti convulsants making venlafaxine the only psychiatric drug I use. It's a sad reflection on the psychiatric services that I feel ashamed of my intake. Very few people take as much as me. Minimum meds is the order of the day now. Psychiatrists argue side effects and they believe talking therapies do the trick. Weight gain with pregabalin is my only side effect and over these last 17 years I have worked hard with some success at thinking and living healthily. What else do they want?

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:42 am

Hello Debs

I forgot you were a dog person. I have never had a pet and Asian cities too crowded for big dogs.

The UK seems to have developed a stingy attitude towards drugs. As you said, we can do as much as we can to help ourselves but that doesn't always work even for the most assiduous. Japan seems to over-prescribe as do most countries which run on health insurance schemes.

Too early to say if venlafaxine is working but I haven't got any worse and will go up to 150mg this week. It's good you aren't on benzidiazepines, they only work for a few weeks and really hard to come off. In Japan xanax is prescribed freely. Fine if you just take when needed.

The horrid but thorough UK prison doctor wanted me off clonazepam and quetiapine when quetiapine has been the only thing that works. I wonder what she'd have said if I told her I took Tramadol too. She told me to get involved in adult education here like the character in the Suirshank Redemption movie. I told her it's an effort to survive the day.

We can only do the best we can

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi Isap

Mental health workers are always telling people to get involved in this or that. Adult education isn't for everyone. It wouldn't appeal to me and when you're struggling to get through the day it's a joke. There are endless courses, voluntary work iI could do but virtually none of it appeals/works. I live a finely tuned life. Despite that my anxiety is a regular visitor. Mental illness is a curse!

The last couple of days have been absolutely awful. I'm sitting in a very friendly cafe. A friend was with me for a time. I've stayed on. I hate being in the house curing day time. I'm the opposite of all those who can't leave the house. I try to stay out til 5pm but it may be more like 4pm today. I'm sorry I'm moaning on but right now my Dad's saying 'life's a bastard and then you die' fits my feelings. It's much worse for you I know. How you cope I don't know.

This post has been self centered.

God bless
Debs xx

caro

Postby caro » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:10 pm

Hello Isap and Debs.

Sorry i don't have much to add, other than I empathise and agree with everything you have written re meds and mental health workers solutions.

I am on a lot of meds, and don't want to come off any of them anytime soon. They keep me relatively sane, and safe, but are not a cure.

I know i would not deal with your situation Isap, and you have my greatest respect.

Thinking of you xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 am

Hello Debs and caro

Thanks for your posts, keep them coming.

I have no experience of mental health workers in the UK so in that respect I am probably lucky.

I was supposed to go to see the psychiatrist today but the court misread the date and issued the order for this Friday. In theory the clinic could refuse me access. They only see prisoners on a Wednesday. At least I have plenty of meds. Nothing runs smoothly in this cesspit of a country.

caro I just wanted to ask you some Tramadol questions

- what's the most 50mg pills you ever took in a day
-whats the most number of pills you took at one time
-whats the longest consecutive number of days you took it for

I still aim at 3 pills every 3rd day but I did a 2nd day yesterday thinking I was going to the doctor today. This really put me out of synch and I don't like taking Wednesdays because of morning bible study. When I take Tramadol I spend all day doing nothing.

I tried taking 2 morning and 2 afternoon but got insomnia. I think 3 morning works best for me.

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:53 am

I think I've lost my post.

I hope you get to see your psychiatrist on Friday.Isap. What a terrible country.

Isap,are you naturally an optimist?..I ask that because I think that our inbuilt thinking probably goes some way in affecting our outlook in times of mental illness. I grew up to be a catastrophic thinker. When I'm well I can use the cbt I was taught. When I'm ill my catastrophic thinking kicks in. I'm thinking of asking if I can go on a cbt course again. Who knows, it might help me.

Sorry I have nothing of interest to say.xx
God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 am

Hello Debs

It's the contact that matters not the content.

I may have been an optimist in my 20s but not these days. I can't help but agree with what your dad said.

My wife told me last night that I'm addicted to Tramadol. I think she's right, but it's a psychological addiction not a physical craving. I just wish I could take some today since I'm sick, there's always cold/flu/stomach bugs going about and I've got two of them on top of everything else.

What did I do to deserve this

God bless

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”