Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:22 am

Hi Debs

Sorry for late reply, I've been really struggling. All the pharmacies were out of stock of venlafaxine but I heard today from my JW that my wife's packet had arrived.

Regarding your post, the embassy visited 3 days ago with a British prison doctor. She was blunt and unpleasant but knew her stuff. She asked how often I think life is not worth living and I replied every day. So far I have held off from self harm with my wife the main deterrent.

My big hope and yours too is that they come up with a new drug that works, it's not an unrealistic hope. Meanwhile we have to try and appreciate the good days and ride through the bad ones.

Ambivalent is a good word. If I were to die in my sleep I would not complain.

Just took 3 Tramadol pills to get some respite

God bless

Isap xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:21 am

Hello Debs, caro

I've been on venlafaxine 25 days now and today feel a bit nauseous. I'm guessing that is another side effect?

Just wanted to add something about the British prison doctor who showed up with the consuls the other day. I was surprised the FCO had such a service.

This woman was scary, devoid of humour or compassion but clearly very well informed. Apparently she'll write to my psychiatrist to suggest a change for my anti-psychotics, because of the side effects and effects on heart, liver etc. Portable diabetes kit.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:04 am

Hi Isap

No need to apologise for being late. I know that you struggle on so many days.

I don't know what there is after dying and for endless reasons we carry on. What I know is that this life isn't my home. When I die I shall go home. I know this isn't my home because home is a place of safety and a lack of fear. We can't possibly know what our future life will be like, just as in the womb we had no idea what we faced.

I'm glad you had a good doctor. Did she give you a portable diabetic kit?

I hope you get some rest with your tramadol

God bless
Debs xx

caro

Postby caro » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Hello Isap

I checked , and nausea is a common side effect of venlaflaxine. Hopefully it will be temporary for you.

At least the British prison doctor is up to date with things. It is sad that so many doctors lack compassion though. I find it much harder to trust cold people, no matter what their job is .

I take quetiapine , and have regular ECG s, and blood tests for diabetes. I think all the antipsychotic meds are prone to these risks , partly because they have a tendency for putting on weight.
Having had an eating disorder for over 30 years , this does not apply for me.

Do you think they may suggest a mood stabilizer instead. ? I have found these work well, but do not give the sedation many antipsychotics offer.

I hope this week brings you some peace. Xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:30 am

Hi Isap and Caro

It's interesting what you say about mood stabilisers caro. I take lamotrigine (an anti convulsant) as a mood stabiliser. I was told that I don't have bi polar but my mood was dipping too far. It made a massive difference.

How or if this drug could relate to you Isap I don't know. There are, though, a number of anti convulsants that are used as mood stabilisers and have few side effects. Pregabalin too is an anti convulsant and I take that for anxiety. In fact I take an anti depressant, a beta blocker and two different anti convulsants. Only one out of four meds are psychiatric drugs. Pregabalin is the only one that gives me side effects in weight gain.

It says a lot about our brains and how much mental illness is effected by it's chemical make up.

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:32 am

Hello Debs and caro

Yes the embassy doctor did suggest a non psychiatric alternative to quetiapine but I can't remember the name.

Am now getting the full force of venlafaxine anxiety side effects, anxiety attacks in the night, pretty horrible but I know they don't last.

I have a hearing on Wednesday and the witness is the same one who didn't show up last time.

God bless and remember me in your prayers

Isap xx

caro

Postby caro » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:03 pm

Hello Isap and Debs

Just to add, it is lamictal ( lamotrigine) that i take too. I had zero side effects, and found that it stabilised my mood almost instantly. I don't have bipolar, but am prone to terrible drops in mood. It's not a cure sadly, but i feel more in control on it.

I hope the hearing goes well on Wednesday Isap. You are in my thoughts and prayers xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:22 am

Hello Debs and caro

Just to say my hearing was void for the second consecutive time because my character witness didn't show up. It's just adding to my jail time.

In the same court were 4 other prisoners accused of separate cases of child rape and had to sit through as the children described all the gruesome details. However I've been in this country long enough to know that parents brief their daughters and make up stories to get personal vendettas against men they don't like. One case was a girl's half brother which I guess counts as incest.

Only good thing today was that my venlafaxine was delivered, unavailable in this awful city. All 37.5mg tabs when I need to raise soon to 150 mg but at least I won't go cold turkey on the stuff.

I'll ask about lamotrigine next time I see the psychiatrist.

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi Isap

I'm sorry you didn't get your hearing. I think you half expected it but it's still another negative in your very horrible situation.

That's awful; teaching your kids what to say so that innocent people end up in prison.

I imagine you'll start getting tablets of 75mg now. I take 225mg. During my next well period I hope to cut back to 150mg.

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:58 am

Hello Debs

My doctor in Japan only sent me 2 x 37.5 daily and XR but at least enough to keep going till he sends me 2 x 75mg daily. I want to come off the morning dose of quetiapine because of the leg cramps it gives me.

That horrid FCO doctor has written a letter to my psychiatrist with what she thinks I should be taking. I don't know what she's doing here really.

Yes, a lot of innocent people get set up by hostile neighbours using children as false testimony. At the same time rape is common. I try my best not to judge anybody.

God bless

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”