Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:08 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for your kind and sensible suggestions.

My brother in question is the gay one who I suspect is on the autism spectrum. He doesn't seem to realise how bad a state I am in. He liaises with the embassy since he stopped working for the FCO.

I googled the AD, 6-8 weeks was mentioned on a user's review. I will give it till the end of this week. The useless psychiatrist (I wouldn't be surprised if he bought his qualifications) told me it was not an SSRI - it is. I have never responded to SSRIs.

I'm glad your pregabalin is working for you. He suggested that too but I can't afford it.

I dont know when I can see a doctor again but it has to be soon because I am running out of stuff.

Xmas was noisy, at least they sent visitors home early today, by 7pm not 5pm. Needless to say my only visitor is the Japanese JW. As much as I hate their religion I have no choice. Other Christian groups come here but none of it in English.

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:43 am

Hi Isap

I think you have a better idea of meds etc than your psychiatrist. Over the last few years some new non ssri meds.have been developed. I will look them up.

My Dad, 88, has depression. It's been coming for some time. Fortunately he's not a proud man and is seeing the doctor and talking to his kids. I am over identifying which is very bad for me.

I'm glad your Christmas is past. Over here, the sheer indulgence borders on the obscene

Take care
God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:40 am

Hello Debs

Yes that would be most appreciated

I feel so lonely and forsaken here on top of everything else not a single message this week from friend or family

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi Isap

It must be awful being so alone. I have only experienced loneliness in a very mild way and even that felt horrible. Do you normally get a fair number of messages etc from family? It's a shame this forum isn't more active. Most of the time I just visit this thread.

Take care
God bless
Debs xx

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:16 pm

Hi Isap and Debs and Chris, just stopping by the forum quickly to send love and good wishes to you for the new year. I'm doing ok, just one day at a time but can't handle much more than that at the moment so haven't visited the forum for a while.

Isap - Are you still having those thoughts? I will see if I can find someone to ask - as I haven't heard of Vortioxetine. if the AD has not helped after 6 weeks I would say its definitely time to revisit it but its not that easy for you is it. Wish we could help more. Are you still able to do yoga?

lots of love
xxxx
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Hello Debs and Biao

Lovely to hear from you both.

I get irregular messages from friends and family and appreciate that nobody wants to say Merry Xmas etc. but it still hurts.

I've reduced Vortioxetine by half in preparation to come off it but I don't know where to go next. Ideally I'd want to retry SNRI Cymbalta - is that what you meant by revisit Biao? - because three SSRI have failed me.

At the moment I can't even get a doctor's appointment

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:04 am

Hi Isap

It must be upsetting not hearing from family and friends. I think people somehow put the needs of others to the back of their mind. Often they believe they are giving more support than they really are. Their inability to empathise means that they believe the contact they iis 'jolly decent of them' . Maybe my way of seeing it is wrong but lately I've found that attitude with my Dad.
Not wishing you a happy Christmas is very hurtful though and I can't imagine how they could explain that.

There are a number of classes of ADs with several choices some of which you'll know. Do you want me to give you all the classes minus tricyclics and SSRIs. You could let me know which particular ones hadn't worked. If a drug, say mirtazapine hadn't worked do you still want to know of the drugs in that class?

Take care and God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:21 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for your offer of help

Medications that worked

lofepramide (tricyclic)
venlafaxine SNRI
duloxetine SNRI

Medications that failed

lofepramide the second time
tofranil (tricyclic)
paroxetine SSRI
escitalopram SSRI
Vortioxetine SSRI plus alpha

I tried Mirtazapine but couldn't handle the awful side effects of leg cramps and constant need to urinate

That's my medications history. The useless doctor here may have it in my file but never looks at it

The antipsychotics Quetiapine at huge dose is the only thing keeping me going

I've started listening to ODB again. The Bible they use is the NIV. So much better than JW falsified junk

God bless

Isao

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:10 am

My brother in law spoke to his local pharmacist with my medication history and she suggested I go back to venlafaxine.

What do you think?

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi Isap,
I started to talk to someone and they asked me questions I couldn't answer :roll: so I didn't get much out of it sorry. Glad the brother in law is making enquiries for you. Hope tapering off the current AD is going ok.

Yes I did mean revisit ones that had worked before - feels like you have info to back yourself up when talking about a new course of action when you do get to talk to a doctor.

Sending love
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

Return to “Mutual Support Group”