Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
breatheinandout

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby breatheinandout » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi everyone, Hi Isap

My fingers and toes crossed Isap - hoping another phone charger comes into your life very soon. I continue to send you my OMs in yoga class - I have a very compassionate Hatha yoga teacher who encourages us with this part of practice.
I am in the midst of uni deadlines and trying to channel the stress into good positive stress rather than less helpful anxiety..... in some ways its quite good to have a purpose and a focus - but it can get overwhelming (I'm ok at the mo though :) ) Currently in the library listening to some Beyonce on my earphones!

So i haven't had a chance to come on here much, just to read updates but just wanted to say hi and my thoughts are with you all - such wonderful people who care about others.
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:10 am

Hi Biao

Lovely to hear from you and thanks for your continued support and Ohms emissions. I really believe that yoga is the most important thing that has kept me going. Glad to hear you're OK right now.

The charger sharing is working out OK but charger itself is dodgy and phone sometimes plays up. I can't use You Tube or anything.

When I had FB I was connected briefly with Beyonce in person, I sent messages but she never replied.

Isap xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:15 am

Hi Isap,

Hope you've managed to stay cebtered today and had excercuse or a visit from JW. Thanks Debs fir your compliment saying I'm compassionate also. I think three Matt compassionate people on this forum, so it's obviously a place fir like minded people, even though we're going through something, we're able to have compassion for others,

In regards to yiur situation though isap it's definitely hard not to have compassion and also inspiration, you inspire me to continue in and find positives as yiur words and actions you describe are so strong and how your coping with your situation is so admirable, it definitely inspired Me in my life.

I've been a bit quieter over past few days, as my data on iPad ran out and money very low at orese, so couldn't afford to top up. But yesterday my sin gave me some money so toned up. I really missed the torus over past few days, it's really become a place of support for me, and I don't feel filled to brim with all. This stuff going on in my head, it's been a life saver talking wth you and others that respond to me. So I really only use data for this now, as it helps me and so therefore I inturn want to respond to you and others on forum, so it's as the title says... mutual support.

All the best

Hi BIAO and Hi everyone too :)

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:53 am

Hi Natalie

Thanks for taking time for such a nice and uplifting reply.

I was unable to get out for exercise at all yesterday - the new warden is a bully and a tyrant. My brother is trying to get the UK consul to visit and sort this matter out, but they are useless. Supposed to visit every 3 months but only once this year and they sent one low level local staff with a tattoo on his neck. My lawyer is trying to get a letter from my psychiatrist here for a court order allowing daily exercise, she has already written two letters but apparently not good enough for this asshole. So have to be patient. Can't even get out of the cell to talk to anyone. Its causing me distress but hopefully won't continue much longer.

Sounds like you're still coping OK.

JW comes tomorrow.

Isap xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:57 pm

I have no idea how any of those things work.. but if they are supposed to visit and they don't can he not just take them to court?

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:07 am

Hi Amaya

The big problem is that the consul is an honorary consul. This means she is an unpaid volunteer and has other things on her plate. The locally employed local staff are unsympathetic. I doubt there is a law which stipulates they have to come every 3 months. So my brother will have to keep hammering away at them. The reality is that the embassy has been decimated by government cuts.

A different JW came today, a lovely man.

I got out for exercise unexpectedly yesterday, a bit late after I had already given up. Will have to see what happens today.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:51 am

Hi Isap

I'm glad you got out for exercise in the end.

I think the JW can be a real God send. Their commitment to those in need is admirable though I don't have anye love for them in other ways.

Bullies always make their way to a position of power over others. The guy probably delights at his cruelty.

My mindfulness only seems to work if my fears are snowballing. I'm trying to live in the day. In January I'm going on a mindfulness course. In the meantime I ask God each morning to give me the grace to get through this day.

I will continue thinking of you and praying for you. Our priest was saying something the other day. Well known but well worth remembering. That in the poor, in the prisoner, in those with physical or mental suffering etc we are seeing Christ and we should show compassion to all those in need. I think being in need often helps us feel so caring for others.

Take care, Debs xx

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:16 am

"...in the poor, in the prisoner, in those with physical or mental suffering etc we are seeing Christ and we should show compassion to all those in need. I think being in need often helps us feel so caring for others".

YES! Thanks Deb.

You're never alone Isap, with all of us caring for you. :)

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 am

Hi Debs and Mihaela

I can't thank you enough for your lovely comments
They really help. The priests wise words are so true. When I eventually sooner rather than later by the grace of God get released, I will at least know that I have improved as a person and I will be really compassionate rather than just thinking I am.

Got s new charger today, also one yesterday. It would be just our luck to have our cell searched in the next few days. Good hiding places aren't that easy to make.

Debs, glad you're going on mindfulness course it can only but help and on z permanent basis.

Mihaela, hope you get your flatmate situation sorted out.

Isap xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Good morning Isap
I've said my prayers fir you this morning. Glad you got your exercise after you'd given up , and visit,. It's must. BE mentally exhausting to have waited fir excercise given up hope and then got it... but on the positive thank goodness.

Stay connected and keep those contrabands hidden :D

Return to “Mutual Support Group”