Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Isap

Sorry your phone was taken but as you say it's good you got another so quickly.

I don't read the bible although at mass each week we get readings and the priest gives his sermon on them. On the whole his sermons are good.

I hope your meds kick in soon

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:59 am

Hello Debs

Thanks as always for your support.

I wouldnt worry about the pregabalin. 100mg is a low dose for anxiety. When I was on that nasty little nomorepanic forum I used to follow the preganalin dedicated threads and it worked for most but in the 200 - 400 range. Half the posts were written by someone on 600.

I read the Bible for something to do and for inspiration. You dont find much inspiration in the OT apart from Psalms and my favorite Ecclesiastes. The rest is all about revenge and destruction. Most of the NT is written by Paul while in prison which I like but dont always understand. I have to make do with the JW version and its clear their tramslation is not always accurate.

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:45 am

Hi Isap

I'm keeping an open mind on the pregabalin.

I would like to develop an open mind on my future generally. Occasionally I can and it makes sense, nothing stays the same.

The mental health drop in i go to has gone downhill. The workers aren't trained and the inclusive feeling amongst service users is no longer there. I don't know if II'll go for much longer.

I must read more religious stuff. It does help

God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:30 am

Hi Isap

I'm praying for you. Please pray for me, I'm struggling

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:35 am

Hi Debs

Of course I'll pray for you

Take care, youre not alone

Isap xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:14 am

Hi Debs

My prayers are with you.

You may feel different about the mental health dropin when you start feeling better

Yesterday the JW gave us a pamphlet about suffering entitled Does God Care? It was one of their better ones,

People around the world still believe that all suffering is punishment from God. This pamphlet listed three reasons

1) The actions of greedy, cruel, selfish imperfect humans
2) Bad luck and being in the wrong place at the wrong time
3) Satan delights in human suffering (without saying he caused it)

We can only do our best which is what we are doing. Thats why I know we can get through it all

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:50 am

Hi Isap

Those reasons are probably true. A lot is bad luck and for sure a great deal is caused by the. badness of others.

My gp increased my pregabalin yesterday but I need to see another doctor. I've gone from 100 mg to 200. It's meant to start at 150.and increased by 150 each time. Im finding it so difficult just now. I saw the surgery psychiatr nurse yesterday. She spent about 10 mins printing ooff'useful stuff. And not listening to me. All I wanted was to tell her how my thinking was going. And for her to explain why it was irrational. But she's not a counsellor so no go. Sorry im going on.

My prayers are with you

God bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi Isap

I wander if your phone has been taken or you're not well enough to post.

Life is tough for me and no doubt alot tougher for you. I'm trying very hard to live in the day.

My thoughts and prayers are with you

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:21 am

Hello Debs

Sorry to hear you are still struggling. It's so unfair but we mustnt dtart feeling sorry for ourselves

My psychopath cellmate with his triple life conviction is being shipped off to another prizon tomorrow. I dont know what to feel, he has been odious but also generous and helpful. A Danish with bipolar will take his place. I have no problems with him

There are searches day and night practically every day now

If I am ever off the forum for a long time, assume tbey got my phone

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:35 am

Hi Isap

Hopefully the new guy will be ok to be with.

Regarding feeling sorry for myself I believe i am very lucky with all I have in my life but unlucky to have mental health problems.

I am trying to avoid looking to the future. If I do that then I worry about my mh. Yesterday I managed to live in the day. Just now I'm struggling.

I write poetry and have written a number of good ones. Because I believe my creativity is tied up with my mh it gives me a little comfort. It isn't worth the pain though.

God bless
Debs xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”