Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
teamn

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby teamn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:46 am

Omg... your doing so well considering your situation, it makes me long fir your release from that place, and just want to offer many many words of encouragement. It must be so difficult to sleep, with the noise that you've briefly explained.

Well I'm glad the cellmare has goood points for you to focus on.

I hear you about not slamming door in Jw face, it's funny but in years previously when I've been down, when they knocked at my door they really comforted me, my sons grandparents are JW so I do have understanding of them.

Yep my name is Natalie , is your actually ISAP or is that a user name?

On your last point, I can only say that after 40 years alive , with nothing going to plan, I can only say the most certain thing in life is Uncertainty! May or may not be a comfort, but definitely your situation will change, we just pray it's on the 6th.. ;)

I'm quite tired tonight , eyes drooping as writing this, I was going to wait until tomorrow, as wanted to respond appropriately, but I thought I just send tonight, incase you need something to read whilst you lay on mattress.. by the way do JW bring you books or anything? Do you have anything to take your mind off where you are for even just a moment?

Anyway, all my love and best wishes, stay strong, we all, rooting for you, support you and I applaud you fir your strength in this truly testing situation.

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:12 am

Hi Natalie

Thanks again for your stellar support and yes, it gave me a lift. Especially what you said about uncertainty. And it doesn't have to be s bad thing.

The JW gave me s bible and I read a few passages every day. Also their monthly msgazine. I have audio books downloaded on my phone mainly self-help ones but haven't been able to listen for over a month. I do however listen to stress reduction music most of the day while I lie there.

I do a pre lunch yoga session which helps. Otherwise motivation is just too low to do anything. Its a miserable existence

Isap is just a silly username.

Hope you are adjusting to your new surroundings

Isap xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:22 am

I'm glad it lifted you,

Glad you have something to read and some audiobooks, least it can break up what must be a verity long long day... prevlunch yoga, sounds good also, even though your living in what I can only consider to be chaos, you are creating superb structures and support systems for yourself, without meaning to sound patronising, that's great.

Reading your posts make me feel silly fir complaining about the hostel, but I am adjusting bit by bit I think, just feel sorry guilt and like a failure fir being in this position with kids

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:38 am

Hi Natalie

Many thanks again.

We all make mistakes in life, so we have to learn to forgive ourselves. I've found I can forgive others but not myself.

Well two bits of news today so I'll start with the bad. Cellmate s phone charger broke so now were sharing his other one I was using. Will drastically cut down my phone usage and right now its really hard to get contraband in

Other thing was mail from lawyer. The court have allowed her to file for dismissal which is positive. But the hearing on December 6th will be prosecution objecting and filing a counter motion. She also asked for more money, she's bleeding us dry but can't be helped. The legal system here is designed to enrich lawyers and corrupt police and judges.

So today has not been too painful. As you said, the present moment is all that matters.

Please keep up the prayers.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:15 am

Hi Isap

I've just read your last two days posts with Natalie (you're a very compassionate person Natalie). I don't know if I'd become immune but I felt overwhelmed by your horrendous situation.

I can imagine your anxiety regarding 6th December and I don't think you could lessen that. I have said it before but your strength amazes me. When you get out you will be able to work on your recovery and probably doing what you're doing , ie staying sane, is the best you can do. And that's what you do all the time. I don't think I could do that. I'd probably ask the psychopath to kill me!

When I was working in an office I sat next to a JW. She was lovely. I wasn't well and she showed tremendous care.

Take care,
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:46 am

Hi Debs

Lovely to hear from you again hope you are still soldiering on gamely. I feel very fortunate to have met two wonderful people in you and Natalie, and some of the other selfless compassionate members here.

Today was both good and bad. Phone charger broke so now two of us sharing just one, difficult to get contraband in with strict new warden. So phone use may be severely curtailed.

Got a mail from my lawyer, asking for more money, but she said the court has agreed to let her file for dismissal. This means that the December 6th hearing will be wasted by prosecution filing another objection. Legal system here exists to enrich lawyers, corrupt police and judges. But this is positive. Lawyer never says anything to cheer me up but did say

"Most likely the court considered our arguments valid because judge overruled objection of prosecution"

So can only but hope and pray this she stupid process will end soon in my favour.

Thanks again for your kind support and prayers and please continue to do so.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:10 am

Hi Isap

The lawyer's information sounds very positive. You must be feeling very uptight waiting.

I think this forum is very helpful for anyone who makes full use of it. Giving and getting help brings us closer together.

Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:56 am

Hi Debs

What you say is absolutely correct. Knowing you are not the only person suffering can help. In reality there are millions suffering but we don't know them. On this forum we are all friends and I think it is admirable how supportive people are here. You will re.ember when we first joined this board that we were the ONLY TWO persons replying to posts on a daily basis.

Yep this waiting is awful, impossible to relax, just do very little all day while trying to stay mindful.

Phone charger playing up big time and we're sharing it, desperately need a corrupt guard to bring us new ones.

Hope you are doing OK yourself.

Isap xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:18 pm

I hope you get that charger soon. I am sure that those sorts of things ought to be a right when you are in prison. To be honest I find the whole concept of most punitive systems in the world to be totally messed up and I can't wait to hear that you are out of there.

The yoga sounds good. Do you do a particular kind of yoga? I want to start and I am not sure where.

Stay strong. I am sending a good thought your way :)

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi Amaya

Thanks again for your kind words and thoughts.

This whole country is messed up so it follows that the judicial system is an unfunny joke. A lot of inmates (me included) have been locked up on allegations without evidence and a trial which takes years to complete. Murderers, rapists, druggies, scammers all in the same cell. Most druggies continue their habit inside. The only ones who may improve are the ones who turn to Jesus. The rest will probably reoffend.

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”