SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:36 am

Hi Debs and Chris and anyone reading this miserable saga

Today I had my first hearing since May
The previous two were postponed because no judge available.

The prosecution had rested their case and submitted evidence. I was waiting for judge to allow my lawyer to object. I should have known in June but it took him 4 months. Today he allowed my lawyer to submit her reasons for objection within 4 days, its called demure of evidence or something. But then prosecution have 4 days to object.

If all goes well I'll be released on bail next hearing December 6th. But that will only cover 2 out of 3 charges so will be stuck in this shithole of a country another year to attend hearings still.

But I'll take the positives of today. Other foreigners have had demure of evidence refused.

The struggle continues but at least I can relax a bit for a few days or at least try to

Isap xx

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:42 am

Hi Isap!

Thanks for the update. It must be awful being stuck there another year, but at least you'll be freed on bail soon - out for Christmas. Let's hope the third charge is dropped too. Also it'll be easier for you to fight your case out than in. Maybe you'll get a fat sum in compensation at the end of your hellish ordeal. 8-)

By the way, my partner comes from your way. ;)

Thinking of you,
Mihaela xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:37 am

Hi Mihaela

Lovely to hear from you again

There's no guarantee I'll get out on bail but my lawyer has done an excellent job today. Now another nerve racking wait till December 6th but I have the feeling the pendulum swung my way.

This is an evil and corrupt country where wrongful imprisonment happens all the time. All the good people have already left and living abroad like your partner.

Compensation through the courts would take years I suspect.

Anyway thanks for your positivity it helps me feel hopeful and less alone.

Hope you are doing well yourself.

Isap xx

christabel

Postby christabel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi Isap

Well that seems like a step forward. You must have the patience of a saint with all the put backs that have happened.

Out on bail, even if it is another wait, is a positive. How will you fare
when the time comes. Will you have a place to go and funds to live on.

I hope your anxiety has eased. You might be able to benefit more from your meditations etc now. Best wishes. Chris

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi Isap,

It sounds as though things are improving. I can imagine that until the hearing in December you'll be a bit uptight. I'm glad it's gone well and it's not too many weeks before you're out.

As Chris says you must have enormous patience. I imagine meditation helps a lot in that regard.

You must be relieved to have got today over. You must be exhausted too.

Take care, Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:38 am

Hi Debs and Chris

Thanks for your kind words.

There is no guarantee I will get out in December, but I feel that the odds are in my favour now. Even so I can't think further than the present moment or my anxiety will become unbearable.

My lawyer has been on TV apparently, in a high profile case between two (corrupt) politicians.

Isap xx

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:29 am

Hi Isap

The waiting without certainty you are forced to endure is atrocious. In a sane legal system (is that an oxymoron?) you would hope that those accused and held without bail would have their cases prioritised. Roll on 6 December.

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:07 am

Hi attmp

Thank you too for your supportive comments.

Unfortunately this is not a sane country and their legal system is barbaric. Innocent people even plead guilty because the sentence is shorter than the number of years the trial can last for.

Thanks once again and hope you are continuing your self improvement

Isap

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:30 am

I just thought I'd say something about meditation. I only do 10 to 20 minutes a day and it is rarely satisfactory because of noise and my anxiety. The purpose of this practice is to try and maintain that state of mind for the rest of the day. For me it means being able to think of nothing past or future. Occasionally I succeed so yes, it is helping. Yoga does too but I find it hard to keep in a mindful state while doing it. At the very least it is physically good for the body.

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:10 am

Damn It is a devilishly awful coincidence that Debs, Cyprus,myself and others have all hit rock bottom at the same time. This hasn't happened before.

I'm trying not to feel sorry for myself but when you're struggling with mental issues you can do without flu, bronchitis, diarrhoea, nausea, arthritis at the same time. It doesn't help that other prisoners are even sicker. Germs travel fast here.

Sorry for the rant

Return to “Mutual Support Group”