SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi Isap

It is a very inspiring book.

Could you give your opinion please? My depression eased over many years then came back as anxiety four years ago. It's been coming and going since. It came back about five weeks ago after an especially good spell. It is however worse this time. I become convinced that I'll go back into a serious depression (right now I know I won't). I become terrified. If I try to convince myself I won't it pushes all the harder. Although I sometimes had this before it's happening a lot more just now.

I see my gp next week. I think he'll tell me it's just the way it goes and will pass and I hope he's right. I find myself wandering if my ADs are working. I've been on them for 16 years with great success. There are various theories about meds and if they stop working or whatever. That worries me and I just hope it's a particularly bad time that will pass. I know you have taken meds over the years and wandered what you think

Thanks, Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 am

Hi Debs

I just read this.

Yes, ADs do lose their effectiveness over the years. I've never been able to stay on the same one for over 7 years and I put that down to heavy drinking.

I switched from venlafaxine to cymbalta over 7 years ago without any trouble, both are SNRI. Since going to jail the cymbalta has had no effect even at maximum dose. I need a switch but it could make me even worse here.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi Isap

My ADs do treat my depression and so changing would be risky. My doctor said this anxiety spell will pass and it's just worse than normal.

How are things with you?

Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi Debs

Thanks for asking

Actually I feel really really crap right now. I have an important hearing Monday 23rd which has sent my anxiety into overdrive.

I could take more benzos to dull the pain but in the long term not a good idea. I'm still managing to do all the simple tasks I set myself but its a real struggle. My breathing relaxation mindfulness yoga stuff gives me little respite. Neither does reading the Bible.

I know I'll survive but as you know yourself, its a painful process

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi Isap,

I knew your hearing was coming up towards the end of October. I'm not surprised your anxiety's sky high. I don't think anyone could cope with that without a lot of stress.

Mental illness is so painful isn't it? Yet we survive and the thing is even without medication the mind will heal, albeit slowly.

Even though yoga and Bible reading isn't helping I think it's still worth doing, if only to keep up with your routine.

Take care, Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:27 am

Hi Debs

I agree with all your sensible comments.

I was skimming through the book At Last A Life and the author made the point that anxiety is not so much the problem, but fighting to get rid of it is. If you accept that you'll feel crap, it takes away the self inflicted pressure of trying to recover. That's helping me today and yesterday.

Take care yourself

Isap xx

I notice that there are a lot of threads here recently which look like conversations between friends. I don't want anyone here to feel excluded so please feel free to join in.

christabel

Postby christabel » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Best wishes for Monday ISAP. Hope things start to move forward.

Don't forget to keep us up to date. Will be sending a few prayers up.

Chris.

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:18 am

Hi Chris

Thanks so much for thinking of me at this most painful and crucial point in my life. I really appreciate your kindness and prayers.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:35 am

Isap, I can't imagine how you are you feeling today. Each evening I pray for a particular individual. Tonight I'll pray for you. You're in my thoughts and I hope all goes well.
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am

Hi Debs

Thanks so much for your kind concern and prayers.

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”