Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:48 am

Hi Chris

I think I mentioned the wedding in the post before last. But yes, it went well, after all my worry. I was very well. What has changed in me is that I'm willing to go to things even if I'm not well. Until not so long ago I would have cancelled if I was unwell.

I am going to see the Dr re my meds. I'm not too sure she will taper duloxetine in but I will ask. I know that depression can 'mutate' into anxiety and if that's the case a change of drug would be wise. In my awful depression mirtazapine was tried and failed. Do you know if a drug that failed in the past can work on another occasion?

How are things with you? Did you manage to get an anti sickness drug? Do you still have the headaches? I hope these things are sorted for you.

I got a couple of C S Lewis's books on religion. Reading them I'm not overly impressed, but he was writing in tthe'50s when hell was burning well. He has written one or two good books on religion though.

Please let me know know how things are.

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu May 30, 2019 11:57 am

Hello Debs

Glad you got something out of the wedding.

I tried Mirtazapine and the side effects so brutal that I only lasted 3 days. My feeling is that if they didn't work before, they won't work again, but I really don't know.

The relationship between depression and anxiety is so poorly understood that I also don't know. I suffer from GAD which can mutate into depression, so no doubt it is possible the other way round.

Nausea not so bad recently but headaches persisting, both connected with Tramadol I think. If I can knock another pill off that might fix them both. I don't want to have to abandon my only source of peace.

I'll ask psychiatrist next Wednesday for anti nausea pills, they're cheap too.

I never read any C.S.Lewis

God bless

Chris xx

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi Chris,

Have ypu ever tried amitriptyline, i found it way more effective than any other antidepressant at relieving anxiety?

Aisling.

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:03 pm

Ps. I can no longer use it due to bloods results, but would possibly mention it to your pdoc, see what he/she thinks, regards Aisling

caro

Postby caro » Thu May 30, 2019 8:54 pm

Hi Chris

I've been thinking about your nausea and headaches.

I am wondering if it due to reducing the quetiapine ?
The reason i ask is because I remember a while ago i unintentionally reduced my dose, and suffered bad nausea and muscle aches. As soon as i took my correct dose the symptoms went.
The experience taught me that reducing such a strong med is got to be done very gradually

I thought it was worth mentioning xx

peace22

Postby peace22 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi just wanted to say, reducing any sort of antipsychotics can often give side effects. I feel do read up on it and also check with your GP.

Warm Regards Peace22

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri May 31, 2019 3:29 am

Hello Caro, Aisling, peace

I much appreciate your kind comments.

Aisling, regarding amitriptyline, I asked a psychiatrist here if I could take to supplement a very low dose of duloxetine and she said it wouldn't work. No reason given. It is something I might look at in the future. My 150mg of venlafaxine is just about keeping me afloat.

Caro, you may be right about nausea coming from reducing the Quetiapine. It hasn't been so bad this past week. I was on 375mg last year and now just take 50mg at night for sleep. I did reduce very slowly.

Peace, nice to hear from you. I don't have a GP, I am in jail in a third world country, there is a clinic with poorly trained nurses but no doctor. I have a monthly court order to see a psychiatrist but they keep changing and are rubbish anyway.

Chris xx

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:19 am

Hi Chris,

Glad your current meds are just about keeping you afloat, in case you do want to try the amitriptyline i had to take it at a pretty high dose, 175 mg, wishing you peace, Aisling

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:30 am

Hi Isap

How are you

Tbh I am pretty bad. About 5 weeks ago the pregabalin let me down. Since then I've had some especially bad days. This morning I just wanted to stop fighting. To no longer do my charity shop work and just stay in. I've changed my mind. The effects would be very bad.

I haven't said but over the last 20 months my bad spells have become more frequent. Altogether I am considerably worse and that scares me.

Anyway. The wedding. Well the build up and 3 non stop days have probably had an effect. I think I need to pace myself.

Sorry for the moan. I feel scared

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:28 am

Hello Debs

Sorry to hear about the way you are feeling. I understand it only too well.

The obvious next move is to raise pregabalin to 600mg. If it doesn't work, then there are alternatives but you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

God bless

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”