deb1960

Re: Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

Postby deb1960 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Thanks for that

littleem

Postby littleem » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:54 am

Hey Deb!

Thanks for thinking of me. I don't use this forum so often so I'm sorry I've been a tad quiet.

How have you been?

Ups and downs my end but less downs at last. Have been maintaining voluntary work for the first time in ages and selling my painted flower pots and preserves in local shops and fetes. I'm also actively looking for part time non-food related work and have had some trial shifts and interviews. I have my last CBT session for depression tomorrow and start CBT for the anorexia twice weekly next week. Also have a little break booked to Malta in three weeks and have been enjoying spending time regularly with my little nieces and nephews.

Things are still a bit tough at home. A lot of tension. Sooner I start earning, the sooner I can move out and be my crazy self without the pressure, fear and worry of upsetting my parents.

Let me know what's new with you. You can write back on my old thread if you like.

I don't want to crash aatmp's thread, hehe!

Much love to you both

Em xxx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi Em

I'm glad your downs aren't. as often. Good for you with your voluntary work and selling your stuff.

I had about ten good weeks. It's up and down again now. I'm working on mindfulness with a teeny bit of success.

Perhaps the forum doesn't suit your needs now. I'm glad to hear you're coping though.

You will get to move eventually. I'm sure.

Take care
Deb x

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:52 pm

hey attmp

don't know if you still on this thread but I just wanted to say hello and stay in touch, now our little game is over. how things?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi mate.

It was a good game! I'm ok. Meds are doing a job for me. Not a cure but feel so much better.
Not posted here for a bit because nothing to say. Not got anything to contribute to new posters either.
How're things with you?

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:02 pm

If I ever can be arsed doing a new game you can be my gineau pig :D

glad the meds are helping. meds have make things a lot easier for me too. not a miracle cure but they make things more manageable at least

Yeah I cant think of anything to say to newbies anymore. I feel like im just repeating myself constantly. I miss a lot of the old regulars like emma, Natalie and Amaya

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:47 am

Yeah. Be happy to play. There are peeps I miss too. Em is doing really well, all things considered and Amaya seems to be enjoying life at the moment so I am happy for them. I hope Natalie is OK. Her posts were always good to see, warm hearted and strong with bags of common sense.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:20 pm

yeah Natalie was my old favourite. I remember she once was absurdly grateful when I offered her a fiver to buy smokes. really hope shes doing ok

are you still in touch with emma and Amaya?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:20 am

Yeah, I chat to them when I can. Because this site doesn't have messaging, I set up a dedicated email ages ago, andthistoomustpass at gmail dot com.I don't check it everyday but I trade messages with Em, Amaya and one or two others.

teamn

Postby teamn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:15 am

Hi guys,

ATTMP and Sir Hugo

Firstly awwwww bless you both for your nice comments and secondly

sir Hugo...less of the old..I'll have you know I'd beat you speed walking anyday :D

I literally came on and have been searching for my old, ooops I mean fellow virtual mates to see who's still using the site,,and hence found the most recent posts,,

How are you doing? Glad Medes making things easier.
Yes please a new game, I'm up for playing.

I disappeared for few months felt quite low Dec and January as you both know, but pushed through and started to get some support and less pressure from people around me, did mediation with my daughters father, and basically told him he's causing aLot of stress so back off from me (actually went to solicitors to get injunction based on emotional harassment, that's when he new I was serious) and just keep it strictly routine regarding my our daughter. I had the same mediation with my father who is quite toxic I began to realise, and once I found the triggers in people I was able to back off and then figure out positive ways to move forward, and just focus on the internal issues I faced and the social issues (housing , poverty etc) it was slow but by may I moved into my new home with the kids, been such a beautiful two months, got wifi connected recently so I'll have access regularly) still have anxieties as every one does etc, but no longer triggered by people disrespecting or crossing over my personal boundaries. Not on any antidepressants, although at times I feel maybe I should just to stay level and not feeling the need to drink.. I've been really working on myself and decided to stop being hard on myself...surprisingly that Sh@t works :P :D , never stopped thinking about you guys though and the support yiu gave in those really dark dark days was unmeasurable.Thankyou.

Anyway I don't want to do my usually million word posts and bore you, but Sur Hugo let's get started on a game, I'm your second guinea pig.
Last edited by teamn on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”