Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Painfully lonely and exhausted *trig*

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
streetspirit

Re: Painfully lonely and exhausted *trig*

Postby streetspirit » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Oh that must have been so frustrating!! When writing some of my messages I've suddenly thought about losing everything I've written and thought I'd want to throw my phone out of the window if that happened!!

I'm so grateful for the time you have taken to reply to me today so please don't feel you have to respond again today. Make sure you are looking after yourself and allowing yourself some relaxation.

I'm going to go completely offline now so I'll say goodnight to you and thanks again.

X

Fiona piano

Postby Fiona piano » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Thanks, I will. Thanks to you, too. I haven't felt quite so isolated chatting here today. I'm drawing something for a musician friend this evening.

I'll write more another day about therapists I've seen, and how good or bad or dangerous I've found them, but thought I'd mention Alan Watts. I've been listening to his talks on Youtube over the past few months on and off and have found them to be interesting and helpful. It's not therapy as such, just one man's sometimes wise, sometimes irreverent thoughts on the human condition, based on his wide knowledge of various philosophies, religions etc. He's quite 'Zen' and I personally like it!

Warmest wishes. I hope you have a peaceful night.

shevaun1

Postby shevaun1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:20 am

I read every word so thought id might aswell write something on here.
I dont have insomnia but for a few weeks i literally just cant sleep. Well i can, it just takes ages. And im writing this in early morning hours. And i just want to say that i use to just sleep for hours from depression but now im having the oppositr affect. And i never thought it would have such a massive impact on my days and my moods - which are low anyway. Definitely under estiamited of how it makes us feel.
Ive also tried everything to sleep, none of which works. I know how frustrating it is.
Im also so very lonely and writing and reading other peoples things helps.
Hope everything gets easier for you both.

Fiona piano

Postby Fiona piano » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:53 pm

I think we really can give each other some comfort and company through this forum, even though it is 'only' through written words. Just to feel someone cares and empathises... I have been much more settled and at peace over the weekend.

I have been engrossed in making a drawing which has a very intricate pattern, so that helped, too, as I needed to concentrate.

And I suddenly realised it was so cold outside and all the birds would need water, so put a dish out near the conservatory window and looked on and off all day to see many different birds - and a squirrel - come for a drink. A blackbird has just decided to get bathed in it, so I've just changed the water again!!

Anyway, special loving thoughts to any of you who are suffering at this moment. The moment will pass, and I hope you have at least a few minutes, hours and hopefully days, weeks and months of respite.

Love to all.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”