Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

cmht consultant discharged me, though unwell.

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
pipsqueak

Re: cmht discharging me, please help

Postby pipsqueak » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:25 pm

I saw the cmht consultant this morning, he reviewed things and my medication and discharged me back to the GP. he said they can't offer more appts nor a care coordinator/ cpn even though I am quite unwell, unstable, vulnerable etc. they offer only DBT, an intensive therapy which I don't feel I can do or complete. a second psychiatrist said informal supportive therapy with a cpn is what's needed. I can be referred back by my GP to the clinic consultant after some weeks and continue with current medication. thankyou for any caring advice or sharing experience.

pipsqueak

Re: cmht consultant discharged me, though unwell.

Postby pipsqueak » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:36 am

my GP has written to the lead consultant saying in his opinion I require continued care with the cmht, and I ve done the same. has anyone else similar experience or helpful advice?

saturngems44

Postby saturngems44 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi could you not consider giving the DBT a try? In my experience Cmht support with a cpn is time limited they will then pass you onto pyschcology who will then take over
I guess being on the dbt/intensive therapy waiting list is better than no future support? In my area it is 4 months before you can get back on to cmht support unless you have a crisis
I am currently with a cpn and am hopefully having dbt when I have recovered enough to deal with it, my cpn says that the support I will receive after dbt (if anything) will be dependent on how I deal with the dbt
Obviously your situation will differ from Mine
Keep fighting for what you need you are your own expert after all

pipsqueak

Postby pipsqueak » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Thankyou Saturn gems, i have had a cpn who was really good but left the clinic for another posting, when I've seen a cpn only briefly they have suggested DBT, which I don't think I'm up to, it being quite intensive, but as you say it's further support when so poorly. hope your cpn is a good help and the DBT too.

saturngems44

Postby saturngems44 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:03 am

My cpn is amazing I had her before so got lucky when she turned up on my doorstep again!
I am willing to try anything at the moment I just need to stop this cycle of stable (ish)-stressed-manic-burnout-breakdown!
Every time that happens I lose 6-12 month of my life can't go on like this so hoping dbt works
I sometimes wish for normality but then realise how boring it would be lol!

pipsqueak

Postby pipsqueak » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:06 pm

saturngems, my cpn was similar, very caring and experienced, he left for another posting. I haven't seen a cpn properly since though my GP requested it recently because she thought I'd benefit like you do.

saturngems44

Postby saturngems44 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:12 pm

If you ask me it's them that need the head meds!!
Not giving a patient proper care to start with only leads to them being referred again again which surely cost more money than the original therapy/support would have!
No wonder the systems a mess

pipsqueak

Postby pipsqueak » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:16 pm

saturngems yes, my GP herself said I'd benefit from a care worker for non crisis care.

vision

Postby vision » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Just reading your updates. Is there another MH service in a nearby area ,as i believe you have the right to choose where you are treated. Dont take no for an answer. As another reply said "you are your own expert on yourself" Can you get a MH advocate involved to speak up for you and your needs

pipsqueak

Postby pipsqueak » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:13 pm

yes there is a second MH team, which I'll request if or when re referred. my GP has written requesting I stay in their care, adding the opinion of a second psych.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”