Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

hi guys and girls

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
trips1

hi guys and girls

Postby trips1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:05 am

well ware to start ive been suffering with depression all my life never fully clear of it but like us all have my ups and downs. this may sound daft but for years I have been a peer support worker with a self help group for fellow sufferers. yet I still find it hard to open up when im feeling down feel so ashamed of my own issues. my perceived inability to make friends or find relationships which have been with me since a young kid. just wondered if that sounds daft why do I still feel ashamed of that.

trips1

Re: hi guys and girls

Postby trips1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:26 am

its really getting me down again and at that wondering stage again

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:33 am

Hi trips

I think everyone here understands where you are at. Just because of your work does not make you immune to depression.

If you haven't listened to Claire Weeks before, you should. Google MD Junction Claire Weeks for 4 free talks. Comforting and inspiring.

Isap

trips1

Postby trips1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:37 am

thanks isap

I just feel so unless can help others but never myself. just my moaning side coming out I guess but I get so frustrated with it all

needtogetbetter

Postby needtogetbetter » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:12 am

Moan away, do whatever you can to make yourself feel better. Your doing excellent, do you enjoy your job? i understand your frustration with feeling the way you do, do you take medication for your depression?

Return to “Mutual Support Group”