Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Robin Williams TRIG**

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Avalon

Robin Williams TRIG**

Postby Avalon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:45 am

I just wanted to post to say how sad I am to hear of Robin Williams suicide. It goes to show that mental illness doesn't discriminate. It doesn't matter who you are or how much money you have.

Personally I always feel a greater pull towards suicide when it is a high profile case like this, I'm not sure why but I think that it leaves me feeling even more despairing and hopeless deep within to know that someone with apparently everything felt so crippled, bound and trapped and utterly hopeless.
So In case any of you feel a bit more wobbly because of this, take extra care of yourselves and ask for help if you need it.

belle

Re: Robin Williams TRIG**

Postby belle » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:02 pm

You take care of yourself too - yes?
I agree it is very distressing and heightens awareness.
How often do we find the great comedians are plagued with MH illness?
RIPp

PureFrustr8d

Postby PureFrustr8d » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:29 pm

I'm not surprised to see this post on here, I'm cut up that Robin Williams taken his own life... I seen a headline on the net and kept saying 'no, no, no' then read it and it was exactly what I feared. He's hurt himself in the worst possible way, why did he do that!! I'm no stranger to depression so I do understand but I'm hurt that after everything he's done to fight his depression finally it was not enough for him to believe he can keep going. It pains me the power depression has, you want to believe anything is possible but it makes you believe you 'can't' ...'I can't do this' ...how many times have we told ourselves that! One moment has ended everything, no more trying, no more hoping, no more believing......it strips you of all the care you have for yourself until you feel you have nothing left...depression is evil, stealing loved ones away from all those who care :( but more importantly it steals your life from yourself....do everything you can to get your life back out of it's clutches, don't give up, don't give in.

Rest in Peace Robbin Williams, you will be sorely missed. This is tragic.

Peace
Last edited by PureFrustr8d on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cha

Postby cha » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:46 pm

I was deeply saddened this morning to hear of Robin Williams's passing, more so when I found it was suicide caused by severe depression. Prior to this news I had been feeling pretty good in myself (for once!) but I've found the news has been a trigger and I was in floods of tears not five minutes ago. I've never been so upset about the death of someone I didn't even know. I guess it has just reminded me of how close I was to suicide just months ago and how easy it is to feel trapped by your depression and like there's no other escape. It's like I'm suddenly aware of how much hold my depression still has on me and how it still effects my life so much and despite feeling good for a couple of weeks now in seconds that was all torn away from me and I plummeted back to a dark place.
I'm sick of feeling this way and I understand how Robin Williams could do this to himself... I've been there, hell I still am there and that's what breaks my heart the most - I understand his pain, I know how it felt, I know why he did it.

Rest in peace, you were an incredible man.

belle

Postby belle » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:17 pm

It's so, so sad.
I know with fame and a high profile comes a certain lack of privacy and intrusion into one's personal life but I wish he could be left with dignity and his family too.
Do we really need so much tragic detail? It feels so very disrespectful.
RIP

Musician

Postby Musician » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:27 pm

With you all on this. I have banned myself from social media, news and newspapers as every time I hear anything about it I just crumple up and start wondering if things would better for everyone if I just disappeared. It's sad but it should also be private for his family and friends.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”