Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Re: New to this, scared

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Gem2129

Postby Gem2129 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:14 pm

On the advice of another member, I'm posting in here. I've never done anything like this before and am not sure how much detail to go into but having suffered from depression for 15 years, I feel I have nothing to lose. Fighting this is exhausting. I feel I've hit a wall. I guess I'm just reaching out to anyone who understands.

PeekaBoo

Postby PeekaBoo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:48 am

Hey again Gem, I understand lol

I am kinda learning the forum ropes too, I am scared also, even though I am use to my old forum I feel really daunted and out of my depth.

hang on in here with me and we will walk the plank together lol

am sure its a nice place I have not heard anything bad about sane except for no Moderation at weekends.

:) speak soon Gem

Joe xx

Avalon

Postby Avalon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:57 am

Welcome Gem.

Your world sounds scary right now, I hope that you find some support and comfort from someone or something.

Gem2129

Postby Gem2129 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi Joe, we meet again, lol, hi avalon & everyone else,

Thank you for your comments. I'm definitely still learning the ropes of this forum business, technology and I don't mix well at the best of times!

Just knowing I'm not alone is comforting as I hope it is for others too. Sometimes it's so hard to put into words the thoughts and feelings when they can be so mixed up, muddled and unclear. I wasn't sure how much detail to go into on my first few posts but just knowing people can understand, empathise and acknowledge these thoughts and feelings is reassuring.

Gem

scotty1

Postby scotty1 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:53 pm

Gem your not alone, it takes time to get used to each forum but this one can be very honest and supportive at the same time it can be quite direct. Don't be scared, when you want some help advice just type it down and someone should reply. If your not ready to do that then just sit on the side lines and read what is going on. You can take comfort from the fact your not alone. There are plenty of newbies and some seasoned veterans who have used the site for a long time with some great knowledge and advice for you.

please don't feel scared we are all here to help each other.

Gem2129

Postby Gem2129 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi scotty1,

Thank you for your lovely post. I've definitely found it helpful knowing I'm not alone and not having to explain why I feel a certain way, just that I do.

I've offered suggestions to people which I hope have helped. It's often easier advising others when you're an outsider looking in on a situation rather than taking your own advice when you're in that situation if that makes sense? I've also been given advice and suggestions which have been great and I shall definitely take it on board.

I didn't know what to expect from this but I'm glad I'm part of such a supportive community. Thank you.

Gem

Return to “Mutual Support Group”