Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

any tips for dealing with anxiety and depression?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
midnightescape

any tips for dealing with anxiety and depression?

Postby midnightescape » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:48 pm

So I've had anxiety and depression for over 2 years but for the past few months I've been finding it unbearable and I'm really struggling to cope.

Does anyone have any tips or things I can try that might help? I'm totally stuck at the moment and would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Lucretia

Re: any tips for dealing with anxiety and depression?

Postby Lucretia » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:17 am

no tips ,but lots of HUGS xoxoxoxoxo
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

x-ExistingNotLiving-x

Postby x-ExistingNotLiving-x » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:10 am

just take it day by day. one foot infront of the other. stay strong

xox

midnightescape

Postby midnightescape » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Thank you both of you :)

Yeah I am trying my best to get by one day at a time, it seems to be working so far but it gets really hard sometimes.

xxxxx

feelinglostandalone

Postby feelinglostandalone » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi,I feel just as you do. I have good and bad days,but for me knowing I am not alone helps. For me taking one day at a time helps and trying very hard to have a plan for the day also even if I do not feel like doing anything. Its tough at times I know. Hope you feel better soon.

brokenbuscuits

Postby brokenbuscuits » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:09 am

I would say to remember what you have achieved in a day rather than not. Even just little things add up and if that's all you can do for the day relax and go with it tmw is a new day and all that jazz xxxxxxx

midnightescape

Postby midnightescape » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:20 am

feelinglostandalone wrote:Hi,I feel just as you do. I have good and bad days,but for me knowing I am not alone helps. For me taking one day at a time helps and trying very hard to have a plan for the day also even if I do not feel like doing anything. Its tough at times I know. Hope you feel better soon.

At least you have good days, that's good to hear :) I don't really have good days and I feel so alone sometimes. I really am trying but I feel like I can't go on much longer. I'm just on autopilot and I feel like screaming sometimes. Hope you feel better soon too! x

brokenbuscuits wrote:I would say to remember what you have achieved in a day rather than not. Even just little things add up and if that's all you can do for the day relax and go with it tmw is a new day and all that jazz xxxxxxx

I am trying to do that, I think I need to get a diary so I can get all my thoughts out, write lists of what I need to do and lists of the things I've done. I focus on the negatives too much but I can't get out of that way of thinking. xxxxxxx

Thanks both of you for replying :)

brokenbuscuits

Postby brokenbuscuits » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:28 am

I'm a very negative thinker too and I could bring world peace and still find fault in myself and feel its not enough so your definatly not alone on that one :) I think I diary is an awesome idea, I did that at one time and I remember it helping. (Think I'll got notebook shopping myself tmw x) auto pilot can be a good place to be sometimes for me it gives my body a rest from my manic days.
Keep going keep plodding and keep trying you will get there I'm sure hope is a beautiful thing but not so easy to see at times but its there hanging around somewhere, back of the sofa, in the kitchen drawer, I'm not sure maybe if we pretend we are looking for something else it might turn up, that usually works for my remote xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

midnightescape

Postby midnightescape » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:42 am

Me too I always seem to find the negatives, it's hard not to after being this way for so long. Yeah I keep telling myself I'll do it but I never get round to it :/ maybe it will help me realise where I'm going wrong and things I'm doing right though.

It's good for keeping me sane but not really productive when I'm meant to be sorting my life out but Rome wasn't built in a day and I do struggle to leave the house and ask for help so I guess I just need to keep trying my best. Yeah that's true it must be hiding somewhere haha xxxxxxxxxxx

brokenbuscuits

Postby brokenbuscuits » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:51 am

Auto pilot isn't slowing you down its just putting you on recharge before you switch off. I have rushed to plug my mobile in loads of times because its just about too run out and turn off so I try and get it plugged in quick so I don't have to wait for it turn on again (lazy and impatient westernised problem I know haha) but it helps me come to terms with my own auto pilot times and the sooner I except it for what it is the sooner I can work my way out of it. (I hope that made sense to you, I know my world of sense making isn't always as transferable as I think haha)
I don't want to make it sound simple to fix because I know myself its not and I also know how sodding annoying happy positive people can be when your in a negative cycle coming at you with all the answers because they are so superior and mavalously perfect, that's not my angle I just throw my ideas about to uncrowd my head a little :) xxxxxxxxxx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”