Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Doctor wants me to go back to work

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Jo853

Doctor wants me to go back to work

Postby Jo853 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 pm

I'm now 9 months into my thyroid medication and still not better.

Of course that isn't taking into account the 3 months I've spent not taking it.
The reasons why I didn't take it are:

* Because I've lived in denial with my illness

* Because I have no job and I have regretted leaving my last job ever since I took the voluntary redundancy. Looking back now, I could have received support through the employer's employee services but hindsight is kind of something I wish I didn't have, and

* My doctors are now saying I have all sorts of things, not hypothyroidism.

I'm back on the thyroid meds, that is all sorted, but I've had trouble trying to adjust to it. I was also given a severe telling-off by the people on the thyroid forum and some of them are now refusing to talk to me. One of them is now saying I have lied to them and omitted certain truths, but the fact of the matter is I did not want them to judge me and think I am weak or cowardly by not taking the medication.

I have now lost weight and have dropped into the NHS guidelines on body weight as being in the "underweight" category. My endocrinologist is now saying I'm not hypothyroid but Vitamin D deficient and my doctors are now saying I have depression and have put me on anti-depressants.

Is this the life I've now been resigned to? All of this is making me feel so terribly low.

Jo :cry:

Lucretia

Re: Doctor wants me to go back to work

Postby Lucretia » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:17 am

massive hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxx
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

Return to “Mutual Support Group”