Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Time limited

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
ooby

Time limited

Postby ooby » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Get better/recover in 6 weeks/months or else(you are deemed as not making enough effort). The bane of the mentally distressed/ill? No room any longer for chronic manifestations of distress/illness?
A sticking plaster mentality for gaping wounds.

vision

Re: Time limited

Postby vision » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Is this what mental health services have told you? ooby
Sounds familiar to me, all about discharging patients to save money.
they're not interested how we manage with chronic problems everyday and they have no understanding of problems :(

ooby

Postby ooby » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Not the MH services exactly although i have heard of others being offered time limited help. I currently see the rehab team but have no idea how long that is for. It seems that a lot of support offered by the mental health charities is time limited.

The emphasis does seem to be on short term intervention.

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:39 pm

I've found that: even charities offer 6 month interventions, then you go have to wait for 3 months before you can be re-referred, you're put on a waiting-list, then it's another 6 month intervention (probably with someone you don't know, so it takes you about 4 months+ to build up trust and some sort of understanding), wait another 3 months before re-referral etc, hugs, Judith xxx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”