Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

this forum

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Lucretia

this forum

Postby Lucretia » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:08 am

cant quite believe whats happened
I think ive been using this place for 4 years ,it used to be busy ,not as busy as some forums but quite busy ,it was a community and people really helped and supported each other ,now hardly anyone uses this place ,seems to be since private messages were abolished
what a shame ,and a waste really x sad
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

ooby

Re: this forum

Postby ooby » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:57 am

I struggle to think what to say. It's not helped by the fact that i expect more of a response to my posts(including my informational ones) on other forums. This used to be my primary forum ie the one i checked and posted to most frequently but now it probably ranks 3rd.
Also a lot of the regular,older (as in how longer they'd been here not necessarily age) seem to have gone very quiet.
Part of that could be the way that forums naturally evolve with people coming and going over time but it's not something i am good at handling.

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:11 am

this used to be the forum I used most to
x
its so quiet here now
x
I was thinking about you the other day ,you might like the psych central forum ,it has many forums but isn't too busy x
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

ooby

Postby ooby » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:46 am

Lucretia wrote:this used to be the forum I used most to
x
its so quiet here now
x
I was thinking about you the other day ,you might like the psych central forum ,it has many forums but isn't too busy x

I have an account there as capricorn 57 but seldom post there or check. Just checked and last visit was June 9th. Other places i have used infrequently are daily strength and MDjunction.

Love

Postby Love » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:52 pm

I know what you mean. There are usually very few replies to posts (not blaming anyone here - but the forum is very quiet), and also you don't get notifications when someone replies, so you can easily miss them if it's been a while since posting. This is such an important forum, from a respected organisation and I think they should bring back pm'ing. Recently, I wanted to pm a member as our circumstances were so similar, but I couldn't and we've now lost touch and I don't know where he's gone or if he still uses the site. It's not good :(

ooby

Postby ooby » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:14 pm

The stopping of pms was a serious error and maybe cynically done to make these forums less friendly, and persuade people to abandon here for black dog tribe(which has messaging). The trouble being BDT is heavily geared towards depression to the relative exclusion of other problems.
I have been on many mental heath forums in my time and this is the first i know that abandoned its pm system.

pk.brolly

Postby pk.brolly » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:34 am

I have to agree, killing the PM system put the final nail in the coffin i think. People like privacy and being able to make friends based on that privacy availability. The forum has gone darker and darker over the last few months or year in total. I have been here 5 years now and there is only about 5 people that use it these days. My psych directs people to sane forum for support though I cant say anyone really does visit the site.
2008-2013 back 2015 :D

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:44 pm

I've more or less stopped using this forum: I've been convinced for several years that Sane wants to focus on the Black Dog Tribe and is gradually running this site down. Getting rid of PMs, reducing the moderation are ways of making this forum less attractive, so fewer people will use it and in time, we'll see this forum closed down because there's "no demand" for it, hugs xxx

AndreR

Postby AndreR » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:30 pm

I am a member on other forums, quite busy forums, active and supportive and had noticed moderators do join in with conversations and moderate the forum accordingly on the other forums. I haven't yet seen any input from moderators on here or any sort of awareness that there are moderators on this site?.

Apologies mod's if this is not the case, but I hope there would be a moderator who could explain and ease the concerns of members and what really is the role of moderators on Sane?

It is a shame if the case is that this forum is expected to lose its value over time, restricting the forums options, in the end closing. :(

My bug bear is that I do not get a notification when a post I posted on has been replied by someone else.

I hope the mod's or if there are any mod's may help and come on to discuss.
Do it...Afraid.

ooby

Postby ooby » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:20 pm

AndreR wrote:My bug bear is that I do not get a notification when a post I posted on has been replied by someone else.

This is a point of contention with me too. Before the forum upgrade a while back we used to get email notifications. The problem has been pointed out before but nothing was ever done to remedy it.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”