Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

belle

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
belle

Re: belle

Postby belle » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Thank you for that advice.
I think I will have to ask the therapist a lot of questions before I trust her or can work with her.
Back home now.
Still have a front door but have been interrogated by the neighbours about the police coming round. :cry:
Not with it enough to have anticipated that. Total nightmare and said a load of rubbish and I know they didn't believe me.
Feeling very vulnerable now.
xxx

NeverGiveUp22

Postby NeverGiveUp22 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Ask all the questions you want to ask. She is here to help you and that will only work if you can establish a working relationship with her. When I first had therapy they pushed me around quite a bit and made me answer questions I didn't want to. Now I just say no, if I don't want to. And I talk about the things I'm comfortable with. I don't know how many sessions you're getting, but even if it takes you two thirds of them to get to a point where you can talk about particular things, you will benefit so much more out of the last third.

You couldn't have anticipated it happening like that. I guess they came around rather obviously, but it could have been plain clothes officers under other circumstances. Try not to worry to much about your neighbours, give it a few days and they will have moved on to something else. You've got enough on your plate. But I can imagine that was a very uncomfortable situation to end up in :(.

Sending you hugs and comfort! Take care! xxx

Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
~Samuel Beckett~

belle

Postby belle » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Thank you.
I think they came round like they were in an episode of The Bill from the sounds of it.
I had a visit once before and they were awful - no understanding of MH issues.
Yes, it will be history soon. The sooner the better.
I have a year of therapy but not sure if that means 52 sessions or a calendar year so not 52 sessions with holidays, maybe illness taken within it.
Oh well. Time will tell.
I just hope I can relate to her and her to me.
Thanks for the encouragement.
xxx

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 pm

hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

NeverGiveUp22

Postby NeverGiveUp22 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:36 pm

Hope your first appointment tomorrow goes okay! Thinking of you! xxx Hugs

Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
~Samuel Beckett~

belle

Postby belle » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Quite anxious now about tomorrow.
Hope I don't lose it with her before we get started.
Thank you for the support.
xxx

loubat

Postby loubat » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:17 pm

I hope theropy went ok belle you are very brave and hope yo never got a :shock: woman xxx

belle

Postby belle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:24 pm

Ha - no Lou not a :shock: but I told her not to even think of giving me the :shock: treatment of I'd be off. She said it was a technique some therapists used so I told her from you and me it's crap and intimidating.
She was nice but my 'year' will probably end up of actually being only 6 months for complicated reasons with no chance of an extension as she won't be there.
Not sure how it will work out but I need to know before we start so she has to ask what is to happen.
Thanks for asking while you are in the middle of things yourself.
xxxx

loubat

Postby loubat » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Glad she was nice belle and not a :shock: yes tell her that technique is crap from too
Yes I understand you need to know belle so things can be planned but 6 months with good theropist will hopefully help you lots so glad it went ok xxx

belle

Postby belle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Yes, I quite enjoyed telling her how crap :shock: therapists are and I even did a long :shock: at her and she had to look away as she was uncomfortable so I think it made the point for all of us who have suffered the dreaded :shock: !
Thank you for the advice - yes, 6 months with a good therapist might be better than holding for someone who can give me 12 months who might not be so good. I didn't think of it like that. I feel more settled thinking of it that way. I think I'll do that.
Thank Lou - that has stopped me going round and round in circles tonight.
xxx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”