Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

ambulance??

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
broken angel

ambulance??

Postby broken angel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Last edited by broken angel on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

painkillerv3

Re: ambulance??

Postby painkillerv3 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Maybe I can help answer from experience.
You will not get into trouble, the fact that a caller can still stand move and talk is no indication on toxicity level or state of mind. They will however put you into trouble if you refuse to get into an ambulance or by the hospital policy of patients have to be wheeled in a chair. When I got taken in an ambulance they were not too bothered about picking up a person that OD'd though they were more interested in my tv than me but maybe thought tv was in need of help lol but seriously they said on the scene that all appears ok but took no risks. They will do a immediate test in the ambulance of BP etc and if they misjudged they will siren and rush you to hospital faster they will not shout at you though doctors might but the point is that if you still stand after taking say 85 paracetamol like I did they still wont risk it or deny you help in an ambulance but will become firm with you.
Sometimes police are called in as i said if you break a cardinal rule of accepting help and or running away from them.
hope this helps
I'm a little tea pot bloody and cut, here is my handle here is my butt

ONLY 7 WEEKS LEFT!!

broken angel

Postby broken angel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Last edited by broken angel on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avalon

Postby Avalon » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:40 pm

It depends on what you took as to whether 40 is a low dose. If it's paracetamol then it's more than enough to kill you, not quickly, you won't fall asleep or collapse you may even feel well for a few days but 40 unless you're treated is likely to have severe consequences.
You do not need to wait until you feel unwell to call you should either get yourself to hospital or at least call nhs direct (if they still exist?)

painkillerv3

Postby painkillerv3 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:51 pm

It depends on the dose, what it is, if you have had anything else as a catalyst or hastening effect. I wont say that they will take you in for sure, I have been in there after taking a whole month worth of meds and got sent home with nothing but a pat on the arse and shown the door. Crisis doctors are worse than usual ones they are a lot more snotty and condescending with one opinion in mind all the time.

ONLY 7 WEEKS LEFT!!

broken angel

Postby broken angel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Last edited by broken angel on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avalon

Postby Avalon » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:16 pm

It's still best to get checked, that's still 10 paracetamol in one go and a whole lot of codeine which may knock her out.

painkillerv3

Postby painkillerv3 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:01 pm

She should be ok, although it does depend on her weight and bp etc though, but agree best to get checked out anyway. 10 is pretty low on the scale so should not be too bad but anything over 7 is classed as a OD worth looking at but I would not worry, taken 30 before without a scratch only tiredness.

ONLY 7 WEEKS LEFT!!

broken angel

Postby broken angel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Z
Last edited by broken angel on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

painkillerv3

Postby painkillerv3 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:32 pm

She is a little underweight if my math is correct so in that case check out is the best option to go for anyway just in case of liver failure too.

ONLY 7 WEEKS LEFT!!

Return to “Mutual Support Group”