Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

never change trig

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
belle

Re: never change trig

Postby belle » Tue May 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi Lou.
I don't have ADHD so can only imagine how hard it must be stuck in bed.
Could you talk to the staff and try to get a little bit of physical release somehow?
Yes, I do have a temper but it has only just surfaced after all these years (remember how ancient I am!) so it's hard feeling and being out of control like a teenager. It is very hard to control my tongue too! I really hate myself when I am like this but instead of anything physical towards others I turn it in on myself in a different way.
What a nightmare of a brain.
Anyway you look after your sore head please.
xxx

loubat

Postby loubat » Tue May 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Abx I really don't know how I can help you huni I will always listen and none of us deserve to hurt xxx

loubat

Postby loubat » Tue May 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Sorry belle I don't understand wot physical release means?Sorry me being thick
Your not ancient belle!so your anger problems are quite recent then? YEs I am similar try to get anger out on self first then if it don't pass my tongue starts then I get violent not always in that order though lol have been asking for years for anger help but fallen on deaf ears and they wonder why I did the things I did!?but hey
Yes our brains are very strange at times lol yes resting my head belle Thank you xxx

belle

Postby belle » Tue May 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Ha - no not you being thick, me not expressing it right!
My guess is you get quite agitated stuck in bed with the ADHA and need to let out some of the energy. I was wondering if they would let you do something physical to wear yourself out eg something in the gym. As you are quite poorly it might only need to be something small but would it get some of the physical frustration out of your system? Is there a physio attached to where you are? Or could you ask to see one?
When I was in hospital they had one who came round and did a couple of exercise sessions a week (very easy for old couch potatoes like me!) but it helped with the boredom and I felt a bit better after it even though I went protesting it just wasn't my thing!!! :shock: Mind you, having a handsome young man to teach you was rather nice :oops:
Yes, I think the anger has always been there but buried deep inside and showing itself in other ways very far removed. Now it is running riot which is why I did the course I mentioned. My language has deteriorated hugely. I think in the last 18 months I have used more swear words than I had in the rest of my entire life put together!!!! :o However I am trying not to do it because I hate myself when I get like that - not at all lady like.
Yes, strange brains indeed. I think I might donate mine to medical science if there is anything left to donate! :lol:
Take good care of your poor head.
Gentle hug.
((xx))

loubat

Postby loubat » Tue May 28, 2013 7:39 pm

thanks belle i understand now haha yes they said i could go to the swimming pool but i cant swim and said no and they also asked if i wanted to do yoga??well belle i like football rugby and boxing lol so you can imagine my reaction :lol: i have asked to use the gym but they said when my health has improved. I'm not sure about a physio belle but will ask, i understand that by harming my things are taken and thats my own fault and not allowed in art rom for same reasons ,have tried hard not to today soi hope i will get some back soon have really missed drawing.
i swear alot too when i'm angry well alot in general but try not too lol,who do you find you get angry with?or like me anything or anyone haha :P I do really hope the anger management helps us both belle as its horrible living in fear of the next rage outburst xxx

belle

Postby belle » Tue May 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Ah - I can't see you in the pool or doing yoga if that's not your thing. :lol:
Could you do like step ups they do in aerobics (I'm told!) to get rid of some of your stress or just a punch bag like boxers use?
Well, the gym can be a goal to aim towards and they might have a physio who can do a personal exercise programme for you making it harder as your health gets better.
It must feel harsh when things are taken away from you even though you know why they have to do it.
I hope you can do some drawing tomorrow.
Yes, I get angry with lots of things and people - inconsiderate people, bad drivers, the NHS, people who just don't do their jobs properly etc. I understand the triggers a bit from my course but once I'm off on one it's terrible. Like you, I dread it kicking in. I do have a few tips for coping but they go out the window and I'm like a raging mad thing.
Then I feel really bad for doing it afterwards.
I am trying really hard not to use bad language because it isn't good, but it's taking a lot of effort.
Hope you can sleep well with your poorly head and that tomorrow is better for you.
xxx

loubat

Postby loubat » Tue May 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Iread in morningsbelleeI gosleep nowwnitee sweetdreamwx

belle

Postby belle » Tue May 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Night, night.
xxx

loubat

Postby loubat » Wed May 29, 2013 5:25 am

Hey belle
No I couldn't see me doing them either they haven't asked me again since the reaction they got when first got here,punch bag sounds great ideal would be awesome in my room lol I would defo like to do some kind of programme at the gym as always keep fit normally even if just long runs my knee permitting (football injury lol )
ANd a goal is something I can look forward to I suppose maybe even learn to swim haha maybe not!
Yes I can see why you would get upset at all those people who cannot do there job properly lol I suppose the angry is in everybody just the person knowing how to control it is the problem we are facing,I am still very much sceptical of the theropy as nothing I have been told to do has worked either during a rage not even sure it entered my head to try but maybe not tel them that lol .
Did I read somewere that you was a teacher?wot did you teach belle?
Been up really early today but did get some sleep so not complaining its really quiet here at this time and do enjoy the peace and quiet xxx

toxicmind

Postby toxicmind » Wed May 29, 2013 9:56 am

hi loubat how are you today your up early :) think i read in one of your posts that you can't go to the art therapy room yet? sorry if i have miss read that wrong.if they wont let you draw at the moment why don't you download one of those drawing apps to your phone at the very least you could stil do a bit of basic drawing on them and i think you can send the drawings to friends from the app if im correct it just a idea please ignore this if you want takecare xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”