Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

need advice

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Victoria

need advice

Postby Victoria » Fri May 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi. Just wanting some advice really. Ive been depressed and has been on fluoxetine since august 2011 and other then the first three weeks of starting it due to the side effects I was doing really well. In january this year my dr cut my dosage down to one every other day. And again I was doing ok with this until about a month ago and I started feeling down and anxious again and just couldnt shift it. My dr has told me to start taking the tablets every day again. Ive been doing this for two weeks now and I'm still not feeling good and my anxiety is getting worse. Does anyone know if this is a side effect of going back on them full time or are the tablets no longer working!!! Thanks xxx

toxicmind

Re: need advice

Postby toxicmind » Fri May 24, 2013 9:22 pm

hi victoria welcome to the forum im sure someone on here can advise you on your meds or can relate

Victoria

Postby Victoria » Fri May 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Thanks xx

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Fri May 24, 2013 9:43 pm

hi
it might be you need to take the medication a bit longer to see some improvement
xx
or it might be that that particular medication is not the right one for you
it may be were persevering a little longer
then if there is no improvement in another 2 weeks ,maybe ask your gp if another medication might better suit you?
very many hugs and while your mood stabilises ,we can support you
xx
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

Victoria

Postby Victoria » Fri May 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a few more weeks. I'm just struggling atm and it's starting to affect my kids as I've got no energy and finding it hard to deal with them. I go on holiday tomorrow so I'm hoping that will help my mood. But on the other hand I'm worried that I'll ruin the holiday for my kids and hubby cos of feeling down and anxious xxx

caz

Postby caz » Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 pm

hi Victoria....welcome to the board

i echo what lu has posted .........hopefully the holiday will do you do good and lift your mood a little .....try and keep positive.....keep posting on here for support whilst you are feeling low xxxhugsxxx
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!

Victoria

Postby Victoria » Fri May 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Thanks caz. I'm hoping the holiday helps. Just a tad anxious about having an anxiety attack in the car on the way there as I would feel embarrassed as we're going with the in laws. But I'm gonna try really hard for the sake of my kiddies. Xxxx thanks again xxxx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”