Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Advice how to stay positive? Please

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Dingwall

Advice how to stay positive? Please

Postby Dingwall » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi... I didn't frequently post here last time I started to crash as I wouldn't have been help to anyone.... I find myself struggling again and finding myself heading back down the path I don't want to be on, does anyone have advice as to how I can try to "stay strong"
And what not, I've lost what I thought were good friends over this as they say I can talk about anything to them but they ran as soon as I needed help.... Are there any techniques some of you use other than talking to friends ? Getting desperate this time
:(

Lucretia

Re: Advice how to stay positive? Please

Postby Lucretia » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:11 pm

cant really adsvise so
sending my love instead
xx
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

Andrew Lorimer

Postby Andrew Lorimer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi Matt,

I suggest that you make for yourself a few rules: eat and drink and sleep properly. If you can manage it take time every day to think for yourself, about yourself and your situation.

Dingwall

Postby Dingwall » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 am

Thanks, I think of maybe of putting some possitive messages around my desk at work but then I feel it's a stupid idea and people will mock me for it :( oh screw it why not, it's about me right, so their opinion shouldn't matter right?

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:23 am

maybe you need to talk to someone about how you're feeling.
However, the best "positive message" I have is this:
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Einstein.
Don't try to "be strong": people who are depressed are often people who have tried to be strong for too long. You need help, don't try to get through this alone. See your GP, hugs, Judith xxx

Andrew Lorimer

Postby Andrew Lorimer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Dingwall wrote:Thanks, I think of maybe of putting some possitive messages around my desk at work but then I feel it's a stupid idea and people will mock me for it :( oh screw it why not, it's about me right, so their opinion shouldn't matter right?

Everybody's opinion matters.

Andrew Lorimer

Postby Andrew Lorimer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Andrew Lorimer wrote:
Dingwall wrote:Thanks, I think of maybe of putting some possitive messages around my desk at work but then I feel it's a stupid idea and people will mock me for it :( oh screw it why not, it's about me right, so their opinion shouldn't matter right?

Everybody's opinion matters.

Or perhaps you meant, only, that you are seeking a place where you can stand?

evabtob

Postby evabtob » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi I am beginning to think the more we struggle and try to get back to normal the longer it takes to achieve this state of mind. I am finding that as soon as a negative thought creeps in I let it and I deal with it I dont ignore it I talk it through I acknowledge it make friends with it and try to see why it has been triggered, when I know why then I calm myself and say I am listening to your concerns because I know it is my safety speaking, flight or fight. I know at the moment it is hot wired everything is a major threat even if it is not because I am on high alert. Understanding this really does help . However we are all different and we need many coping strategies to get us through because coping with what is the state of play right now is all anyone is able to do.Thats fine by me as long as I know I am coping then I am Ok.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”