Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Ants in me pants

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
eYe

Ants in me pants

Postby eYe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Been a very long day. I mentioned before about how the psych services people sent a letter last week which basically suggested I'm too much of a useless blob to be therapised. (Ok that's not a real word apparently.)

I was doing ok with that (in a very strange way) until I woke up early this morning and was heading straight into severe panic territory. That overrode my usual social anxiety type fear of telephoning and I got in touch with the psych reception and asked to be contacted by the trainee responsible for me. I'm not sure if that's actually acceptable because they did say they were closing my file. Anyway, been waiting around all day. Can't do anything to relax because I need to keep this anxiety going to give me the energy to pretend to be a normal person when/if they call! But still haven't organised what I should be saying to them...arrgh.

eYe

Re: Ants in me pants

Postby eYe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:42 pm

thanks :) I started writing stuff earlier but I can't read my own writing...maybe I should type something instead. Now there's a plan!

They did already point me to an alternative, it's very much a group-based thing. Really not for me.

[edited: possibly my careless joking could have caused offence]

eYe

Postby eYe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Poo. No call. I feel all 'orrible from anxiety and not eating and excessive tobacco use.

Does anyone know if psych services are even willing to talk to you other than at scheduled appointments (and if they've said they're closing your file)?

eYe

Postby eYe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

p.s. apologies to anyone reading this thread hoping for a story involving ants. It's just an expression :p

Taffy2

Postby Taffy2 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:40 am

I'm disappointed frankly, and would like a refund under the Misdescription of Ants Act 2013 section 1 subsection Bee :)

Like the word therapising, we could get it in the dictionary if we use it enough.

On the real aim of your post, well no psychs will talk to any of me as we all "present" as sensible people, although one of us is a bit narky. :lol:

Take care, all the best, Taffy x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”