Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

scared trig

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

scared trig

Postby judithj » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:04 pm

just had some kids go past from the secondary school - they threw something against my front door. don't know what it was - can't open the door to find out, they've gone now but just so scared

caz

Re: scared trig

Postby caz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:58 pm

judith....am sorry that those kids are mean, they havent been brought up right, i get kids ringing my doorbell all the time and knocking on my letterbox but i ignore them

please be safe judith xxxhugsxxx

and do check what they have thrown as you can report them to the school that they go to xxhugsxx
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!

Taffy2

Postby Taffy2 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Hello judith,
first of all a big hug, xxxx
I was passing and saw that you had posted this. It is scary when that happens, so you arent being silly. And as you know some young people are "brave" in a group.

Right first things first, you did right not to go straight out.
Secondly, if you think they have gone and you feel up to it have a look at what theyve done. if you dont feel up to it thats ok.

Now have a think, jot down the name of the school, how many there were anything distinguishing about them.

Next ring up the police on 101, and tell them whats happened. they will take you seriously, honestly, i promise.
Tell them that you live alone and have disabilities ( no need for in depth explanation),
emphasise that you are scared,/ alarmed/distressed (important).

They will ask if they have gone, and will offer to send someone round from your neighbourhood police. Accept the visit, (say you want it inside school hours) they will come and do a bit of reassurance and possibly visit the school.
Dont ring the school yourself, they always handle things badly.
You might be given a reference or log number, make a note of it.
Dont feel silly about this.
I like young people, but sadly these idiots dont bloody think half the time, and they need to be made to think. The police will only do what you feel happy with.T
The neighbourhood police might be a day in getting back, or there might be a response car about and they come sooner.
Most important is that you have it logged. They will take it seriously. Dont shrug it off to them though ;)
OK give it a go, you know where I am if you need me xxxx ;)

More hugs, if you feel a bit shaky its shock, take care now xxxxxxxxx

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Was going to suggest ringing the 101 police too. Hope you're okay now J. xxxx

siriusbinary

Postby siriusbinary » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi Judith,

Sorry to hear this unsettled you. Lots of good advice.

Just remember it's not personal. Whilst it is not acceptable it's (modern) kids being kids.
I had it happen a couple of years ago (two rotten apples it turned out) but it was a one off - and i hope it is this case for you too.

Remember we are here if you want to talk.

Hxx
Wag more, bark less x

isabelledefrance
Location: Planet Earth (most of the time, sometimes lala land)

Postby isabelledefrance » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Could it have been a snowball?? Oddly enough I had a talk with my 13 year old about this very thing: last week the boys, on their way back from school, were throwing snowballs at houses. He told me about it think it was fun. I wxplained why it is NOT fun for those on the receiving end especially if they are alone, elderly, with young children etc.... I dOn't think it is a generation thing: my dad has stories of how he used to do silly things when he was young. All boys (girls do other stupid things) have done stuff like that since time began. Not an excuse bur as long as they are then told why it is not nice then hopefully they won't do it again. I trust my son won't throw snowballs at other people's houses again ( as this time instead of a nice chat about vulnerable people he will be grounded lol). If malice was intended then it was bang out of order. I would however let the school know so that they can lecture their pupils. Take care Judith xxx
Do not let feelings lie to you, do not let your emotions bully you x

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:07 pm

no snow here, so it can't have been that, also it made a really loud bang so i think it must have been a stone. haven't done anything yet as i needed to take diazepam, but will call 101 tomorrow. one of them was wearing a black turban, and i know which school they go to - don't know who did the throwing though, hugs, Judith xxx

DC07

Postby DC07 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:17 pm

bastards.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 pm

I agree with you DC. Little shits.. xxxx

isabelledefrance
Location: Planet Earth (most of the time, sometimes lala land)

Postby isabelledefrance » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Throwing of stone is unacceptable!!! Report it. School should act if they are a good school. Even without names they can hold an assembly about how doing stuff like that is wrong!! Try and sleep easy to tonight xxx
Do not let feelings lie to you, do not let your emotions bully you x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”