Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

BOYCOTT Thursday 14th Feb

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
DC07

BOYCOTT Thursday 14th Feb

Postby DC07 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:36 pm

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/

this is the board we voted to use for Thursday 14th when we boycott the board. This is a 24 hour stoppage of using this board only.

Please sign up, in the name you use here, and lets get together on the board. They have a PM system we can use when this one is turned off.

This is just the start. xx
Last edited by DC07 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

Dovahkiin

Re: BOYCOTT

Postby Dovahkiin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:45 pm

I can't understand that forum,sorry, but if you want to keep in contact in that 24hr period I could send anyone who wants it my email address? xxxx

zeldiy

Postby zeldiy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:28 am

That's a good idea Lu.
Where Attention Goes Energy Flows

oobydoobie

Postby oobydoobie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:20 am

sallybee wrote:and I for one feel that I owe the organisation some degree of loyalty,

Shame they have shown us no loyalty. It needs to work both ways. In any case signing on for the other forum isn't necessarily abandoning here permanently but giving people a resource to contact each other privately should the need/want arise.
Unfortunately due to Sane's actions people have no choice but to mutually sign up for other forums in order to have private contact.
Sane by this action, beyond any argument ,are already reducing the ability to support others that is permanent and far worse than any temporary boycott might achieve.
Without doubt what Sane is doing is one of the dumbest and most self destructive things ever done by a mental health charity, even if you argue there is no maliciousness behind the act(which is debatable).
My newspaper

Support on these forums is dictated by being part of the in crowd or not, not by need.

DC07

Postby DC07 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:02 am

well said Ooby.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

DC07

Postby DC07 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 am

nobody was arguing. Having been here for over 7 years, I know how things operate, and have made numerous attempts by contacting higher management and particularly the head of services here to no avail. None of it works, so we have to try something new. You are not oblidged to take part if it is going to distress you.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

robinbird

Postby robinbird » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:36 pm

The use of the boycott as I see it, is that they will see just how much we contribute and how much we are involved on this board. They may then understand that without the support of the users they're decisions will only sink this forum.

I completely understand how you feel sally, there are down sides to the pm system but there will be many more problems if it is taken away for the long term. I hope you can keep others going during the boycott and I respect your decision to stick around.
Second star to the right and straight on till morning...

oobydoobie

Postby oobydoobie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:05 pm

sallybee wrote:So surely the most proactive way forward isn't to shout, suggest people who don't agree with you are stupid etc., is to work with SANE to enable greater service user involvement in the future?

My view is that the way forward is to increase service user involvement not to argue with each other, or the administrators.

No one is shouting. People have made highly valid points that have been ignored. How can we work with someone who has shown an unwillingness to enter into a reasonable and intelligent dialogue over an issue?
There has to be a basis,even a minute one,on which to proceed. Being given an authoritarian fait accompli goes nowhere near to achieving a rational and intelligent dialogue where service users voices are given consideration.
In a situation where administrators are acting irresponsibly, and against the good and wishes of those they proclaim to be there to support, then it is only right that people speak out.
Or do you really believe that one should stay silent when wrong is being done? Surely that is a catalyst for more wrong?
My newspaper

Support on these forums is dictated by being part of the in crowd or not, not by need.

caz

Postby caz » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:10 pm

i will be boycotting

the pm's are saving my life and without that i am doomed
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:12 pm

like I say, I won't be going on the other forum as I don't understand it. But I will be around via email etc. xxxx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”