Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Update

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
stalwart

Update

Postby stalwart » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks to the people who've mentioned me while I've been off the board.

Just to let you know, I'm doing really well at the moment. After getting through the SSRI withdrawal my anxiety is much lower than it's ever been off meds. I'm feeling more confident and because of that have been offered some more interesting stuff at work plus a pay rise, and I'm even managing to be more assertive with my parents when they start trying to convert me to all their insecurities and hang ups. Even my psoriasis is starting to clear and I'm getting a consultation for a more effective treatment.

Anyway, I don't know why this has happened now or how long this will last but I'm treating it like a holiday and am right now sitting in a departure lounge at an airport about to visit friends in Berlin. I'm going to make sure I make new plans so I always have something to look forward to, so think I'll go to Bath for a couple of days next month too.

Once I feel like my mood is definitely stabilised I'll start coming back to the board to offer support but I'm aware that it's such early days I could easily get triggered and start spiralling again, so I think I'll need to be away from the board for a bit longer.

I'm thinking about all of you though, and I know that some of you are going through a rough time. Of course I hope you'll be happy for me, but mostly I hope you'll keep looking after yourselves xxxxx
Ex nihilo nihil fit

Dovahkiin

Re: Update

Postby Dovahkiin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Really glad to hear from you again Stalwart. xxxxx

MythEagle

Postby MythEagle » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:04 pm

That's excellent news stalwart! Enjoy your break and fingers really crossed that things keep going the right way for you :) x
You are braver than you think, and stronger than you know.

Nina

Postby Nina » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 pm

I'm really glad things are going well for you, Stalwart. Hearing your news just made my day a little brighter!

*hugs*

Nina xxx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/11/12 1800, Trafalgar Square: re-enactment of final scene from "V for Vendetta" Be there.

barmcake

Postby barmcake » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 pm

This is very encouraging news - there is light at the end of the tunnel. Well done and enjoy your holiday in Berlin.

stalwart

Postby stalwart » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks everyone. Its really good to hear from you all xxx
Ex nihilo nihil fit

Return to “Mutual Support Group”