Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Touchy feely nonsense

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
cazmo26

Re: Touchy feely nonsense

Postby cazmo26 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Wow, I feel really humbled by some of your replies, thank you for being so understanding!
And for the people I offended, I didn't mean to and I'm sorry.
I feel very alone sometimes, as I have no friends. I have a wonderful and supportive partner, and a beautiful 19 month old son, but there is only so much they can do. The rest of my lovely family don't know about my current mental health issues, and I don't want to burden them with my problems. I would love to be able to go to playgroups, etc, with my son but I lack the skills to talk to people in social situations. I'm not sure how to go about changing this, so any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 pm

going to playgroup will help your son develop social skills, but maybe you can just stay for 15 mins and increase this. if you're isolated, then this could lead to him being isolated too, hugs, Judith xxx

belle

Postby belle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Unfortunately this thread caused a lot of upset and distress to me.
I cannot speak for others.
Thank you for your apology.

cazmo26

Postby cazmo26 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks Judith, that sounds like something I could try. I feel inadequate in most areas of life, but I will not allow my son to grow up feeling like me. I will not be a crap mother like mine was!

Belle, I am horrified to learn my rant caused so much distress, I honestly only posted it to "vent my spleen", as I don't have anyone to talk to. I really didn't expect anyone to read it, let alone respond. The reason I am critical of the "touchy feely" thing is that I'm uncomfortable in social situations, and I have little self confidence. I really am sorry.

cazmo26

Postby cazmo26 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Oh, and to Stalwart, thank you for being so understanding, you seem to get what I meant. I am female though!

stalwart

Postby stalwart » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Oops! How embarrassing. Clearly I can't recognise ALL verbal clues. Sorry miss cazmo xxxx
Ex nihilo nihil fit

Return to “Mutual Support Group”