Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

snake alert

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
bevy

snake alert

Postby bevy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:07 pm

missing somewere in my house they is a corn snake my sons has gone missing , so scared keep looking under things but no sign of it, it was in a fishtank and it had things in top so it could not get out, but you know what teenagers are like, good job on sleeping tablets as i know i would not sleep till its found, i hate snakes but let him have one, any ideas were it could be ,,keep searching all over but no sign ,

muchlove

Re: snake alert

Postby muchlove » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:12 pm

Could it get behind cupboards etc? Was it in his room? Can't imagine it would have gone too far, probably still in the room the tank is in, just hiding somewhere
Hope you find it
X
"You may be laying in the gutter but at least you'll be looking up at the stars."

bevy

Postby bevy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 pm

yes we looked all over his rooom

Synthesis

Postby Synthesis » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:06 pm

had a peek for you out of complete curiosity - do you have substrate? They can hide in this in the tank a lot and make it look like they escaped.

Otherwise, somewhere small, dark and warm.....next to computers round the back of the tv, hot water pipes........

One suggestion is to make one room really hot and the others cold.......then it will be in the hot room.....and remember they like to climb!

or try a trap.... http://www.thekingsnake.co.uk/forum/top ... PIC_ID=263

rather you than me to be honest which is not very encouraging - sorry - good luck!!

bevy

Postby bevy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14 pm

thanks will try it , my partner just asked if i ws having nightmares last night as i was moaning , i think i will tonight,

Synthesis

Postby Synthesis » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:15 pm

oh no - I hope you don't. my oh woke me up the night before last as I was screaming in my sleep......not nice .....

painkillerv3

Postby painkillerv3 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:26 pm

It will be somewhere tight, dark,warm and with some moisture. Best way to nab it is to lay bait traps usually a 2/3ltr bottle with the end cut off then inverted (cap end) place some unfrozen warm mice/bait the snake will come for it.
I'm a little tea pot bloody and cut, here is my handle here is my butt

ONLY 7 WEEKS LEFT!!

Kuruneko

Postby Kuruneko » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm

or do the same with water, cornies drink quite a lot, so put some bowls of water around the tank area on the floor, it should come out for a drink, they are most usually active at dawn and dusk, so should not disturb your sleep :?

How is it fed normally, is it in the tank or a separate box? Mine are fed in a separate box that they have the scent of, so this might be another trap to lay for it as it may go in there thinking it is feeding time.

Are clothes or other like materials stored close by on the floor or on a low open shelf? Boxes and stuff like that provide a good hiding place for snakes, where they feel warm and safe.

Final thing is don`t panic, i know this is easy to say but generally it will stay out of your way as they are quite well predated in the wild and tens to seek shelter and lay low than slither around the place. They are not venomous and have gentle natures which makes them good pets.

good hunting.
"All the promises I made, just to let you down, you believed in me but I`m broken. I have nothing left and all I feel is this cruel wanting" -lost in paradise [Evanessence]

bevy

Postby bevy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 pm

thanks for the replies , he is still missing but will give your ideas ago

bevy

Postby bevy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 pm

snake still missing unless you call a piece of rope the same color found in the cuboard, no my partner and daughter played a trick on me, so he is still very much on the run, its caused quite a stir at work , everyone is intersted about it and most our scared of snakes, it helped with my confidence, talking to people usually i dont say al ot or start a conversation

Return to “Mutual Support Group”