Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Responses. *poss trig?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Dovahkiin

Re: Responses. *poss trig?

Postby Dovahkiin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:46 pm

I didn't want to cause any unrest on the forum, I just wanted to check if it was me being sensitive. But it certainly feels like favouritism to me. Oh well. xxxx

Kuruneko

Postby Kuruneko » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:50 pm

I suppose we are our own worst enemies really, the understanding we long for is absent as it is sought from others who suffer our afflictions as well.

Like setting up a paranoia convention, and no one would show due to, you guessed it paranoia.
"All the promises I made, just to let you down, you believed in me but I`m broken. I have nothing left and all I feel is this cruel wanting" -lost in paradise [Evanessence]

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I don't know. I'm just feeling really rough at the moment. Contemplating giving up Art for English Language too. Maybe it's just the way I'm feeling. I don't know. I certainly don't want to cause an argument. xxxx

oobydoobie

Postby oobydoobie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Kuruneko wrote: I don`t subscribe to the "can`t find anything to say" category, I have seen a lot of "hugs for you" or "thinking of you" replies, so you can`t say that to us as well?

I agree. That line is trotted out knee jerk fashion any time someone brings up the issue of relative paucity of responses compared to others and it gets a bit dismissive and offensive after a while.
My newspaper

Support on these forums is dictated by being part of the in crowd or not, not by need.

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:44 pm

I said I couldn't think of anything useful to say, not that I couldn't think of anything at all. I often.choose not to reply with the *hugs* as people are looking for something more substantial and I can't offer it and am worried that by me posting *hugs* other members may see this as dismissive. If people don't get any replies and all I can think of is hugs, I will post it if it looks like no one else is going to reply.
But you're right, I choose not to reply to certain members as I feel I will be condemned for doing so. If certain members choose to alienate others, they can't then complain that they get few replies from those members..... In my opinion.
"You may be laying in the gutter but at least you'll be looking up at the stars."

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:51 pm

If you're talking about me condemning people for replying, then you're completely wrong. And if you are talking about me, I don't alienate people. I replied to your post the other day and got completely ignored.

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:54 pm

I wasn't responding to you sorry, I know its your thread and sorry it looks like I was responding to your comments I access this site by my mobile and can't use the quote function.
I read the responses on threads I make from everyone and do appreciate all of them. I'm sorry you felt ignored.
X
"You may be laying in the gutter but at least you'll be looking up at the stars."

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:56 pm

I also apologise, I didn't mean for that to come off as harsh as it did. Plus I forgot to put my usual 'xxxx's on it :?

I'm under a fair bit of stress at the moment and taking everything personally. Like today it felt like EVERYONE was staring at me on my way home from college. It made me so paranoid.
xxxx

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Is paranoia a usual thing for you or is this new?
X

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm

It hasn't been a usual thing for a while, well, not as severe as it was/is today, I've had it permanently just on a lesser degree recently so it's not been as noticeable. But today it was awful. xxxx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”